Author Topic: Panel Frames - Recent News - Shurloc Acquisition  (Read 2077 times)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
Panel Frames - Recent News - Shurloc Acquisition
« on: September 04, 2011, 11:10:53 AM »
I hope that this is the correct board for this information to be posted.  There’s been a lot of chatter around the forums the past couple of days regarding recent changes related to manufacturing and distribution of Panel Frame™ products. Given that Nazdar SourceOne has distribution relationship with Rex White of Panel Frame Systems and with Shurloc products, I thought that it would be opportune to provide the following update to existing and potential owners of these products.  To be sure, the game has changed, but moving forward I believe that the changes will be good for the garment screen-printing industry.  I'm not claiming to know all of the facts but I think that I have a decent handle on what occurred and what the future looks like.

   Rex White had established a Master Distribution relationship with a manufacturer from China who was producing certain products that were marketed under the PanelFrame brand. 
   There was a breakdown in this relationship that resulted in Rex separating from this manufacturer, and his establishing a commercial relationship with the folks at Shurloc. (These are really good people)
   During the dissolution of his relationship with the Chinese manufacturer Rex was able to secure the Trade Mark Brands for the PanelFrame system, however he was unable to secure claim to the design or technology of the current products that were being manufactured in China.
   Rex has assumed a Sales and Marketing role with Shurloc and will be representing all of their products to include a series of newly developed products that will be marketed under the PanelFrame brand.  These products will be based on Shurloc technology and manufacturing processes, and are not the same products that were previously sold under the "old" PanelFrame brand.
   Rex's former offshore partner maintains rights to manufacture, and to sell the original design products that they previously supplied to Rex, but they cannot use the PanelFrame brand to do it.
   This manufacturer happens to have a relationship with a screen-printing mesh manufacturer to provide them with a Roller Frame Clone, and it's my understanding that this relationship will be expanded to utilize this mesh manufacturer's distribution network to bring frames and mesh insert panels to market on a worldwide basis.  I am unaware of what brand or product name these will be sold under.
   The mesh manufacturer will be providing product and technology support to improve the quality and reliability of the mesh insert panels. 

End result there will continue to be competition and increased innovation in this product and market space.  Those early adopters of the PanelFrame system from Rex will have support with high performance mesh panels from Shurloc, and presumably a more reliable product coming out of China.  For people looking to add to their existing inventor of Frames they'll have choices from an expanded range of Shurloc product options, and then sometime in the near future the original design frames will again be available on the US Market.  And through it all we still get to work with Rex, a stand-up guy and is an asset to the garment screen-printing industry which is a good thing

Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Panel Frames - Recent News - Shurloc Acquisition
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 11:22:35 AM »
Thank you Peter
When should we expect to actually see changes in either the product itself, or in availability of new vs.old stock?

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:49:44 AM »
thanx Peter.

from what I have seen first hand, anything that gives Shurloc more business (and us more product from these guys) is GREAT news for printers and the industry.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 12:53:33 PM »
Thank you Peter
When should we expect to actually see changes in either the product itself, or in availability of new vs.old stock?

Andy:  At this stage Nazdar SourceOne has only been advised by Rex, the folks at Shurloc, and by the Mesh Company that will be working with Rex's former manufacturing partner that changes are coming.  Unfortunately neither company has been able to provide an exact timeframe for availability of new product availability from either source.  My understanding from Shurloc is that they are just a matter of weeks away from having their US made mesh panels available for existing PanelFrame users.  I’ll post further updates here as soon as I hear anything (Unless I forget ;))
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 01:27:48 PM »
This is great news. Can't wait to try out the new mesh and start building stock with panel frames.

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 04:00:28 PM »
Peter,
thanks for keeping us up to date

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:35:26 AM »
Any news on this? I was buying the mesh from tubelite, but they are out of stock on the common mesh.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 01:35:02 PM »
I was going to ask the same thing - we just blew through another box of 305. they keep on popping after the first use. we wait a day to bring them to tension and they pop just sitting there, you can almost watch it happen. I'm patiently waiting for new mesh so we don't have to get as many rollers as I was going to.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...