Author Topic: GSF Screen Sealant System, any experience?  (Read 4750 times)

Offline BorisB

GSF Screen Sealant System, any experience?
« on: December 16, 2014, 02:55:32 AM »
Is anybody using their screens? With Screen Sealant System?

Link:

http://graphicscreenfashion.com/

Boris

Offline Ron Pierson

Re: GSF Screen Sealant System, any experience?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:29:45 AM »
We have hundreds of these - AWSOME!!
The savings in tape alone will pay for them.
Consider the time it takes to tape and remove "the tape"- not the "cost" of the tape!

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:54:40 AM »
We do the same thing at Xenon for half the price.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline BorisB

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 06:57:47 AM »
We do the same thing at Xenon for half the price.

so it's  blockout +sealant on edges?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 07:31:31 AM »
does it affect the scoop coater?  I could see problem coating due to drag on the edges.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »
It is a 1" border from the inside of the frame on the substrate side of the screen and a bead at the mesh and frame on the ink side.  Brent has done many thousands of these over the years and the screens are guaranteed.
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline john52

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 11:39:30 AM »
Is anybody using their screens? With Screen Sealant System?

Link:

http://graphicscreenfashion.com/

Boris

I'm a big fan so far.  About a year ago, I started noticing quite a few shops that are much larger than us using static frames.  I started doing some research and found GSF.  They are supplying many large shops and I believe they are the place to go.  We bought 100 to see how it would go and I am close to making the decision to move completely from Newman Roller Frames to GSF.  GSF goes out of their way to make a nicer frame than the average supplier.  They will work with you on specified tension levels, etc.  The Screen Sealant System has worked out great for us.  We use 25x36 frames and always use M&R Ink Traps.  The time and money we have saved on tape has been awesome.  See attached pics.

John
Sundial Shirt Co
Nixa, MO

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »
Could having this blockout help keep a screen tension tight longer?
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jvieira

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 09:55:50 AM »
This is VERY interesting! Anyone knows what kind of sealant it is and if it can be found and bought somewhere?

Can I correctly assume we are talking about that white paste on the corners and the darker red all around it?

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
This is VERY interesting! Anyone knows what kind of sealant it is and if it can be found and bought somewhere?

Can I correctly assume we are talking about that white paste on the corners and the darker red all around it?

the white paste is just caulk of some sort... seems too hard for it to be silicone, so not 100% sure what it is.

the darker red is the same Saati glue that they use to glue the mesh to the screen frame.

we HATED that system here as when you wash out the screens if you hit the 'blockout' with the pressure washer it sprays right back at you.

The GSF guys (Frank and his brother Rocky) are GREAT to work with... I had some concerns with tension a few months back on our restretch screens, and they spent a good deal of time to make sure that I was happy.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 03:06:54 PM »

the white paste is just caulk of some sort... seems too hard for it to be silicone, so not 100% sure what it is.

the darker red is the same Saati glue that they use to glue the mesh to the screen frame.

we HATED that system here as when you wash out the screens if you hit the 'blockout' with the pressure washer it sprays right back at you.

The GSF guys (Frank and his brother Rocky) are GREAT to work with... I had some concerns with tension a few months back on our restretch screens, and they spent a good deal of time to make sure that I was happy.

I'm quite interested in trying this. I've already reached out to our screen supplier but would even consider doing this ourselves if we could know what sort of sealant/caulk that is

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 06:26:54 PM »

I'm quite interested in trying this. I've already reached out to our screen supplier but would even consider doing this ourselves if we could know what sort of sealant/caulk that is
We sell a product for this. Xenmask $78 per gallon.
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 05:16:21 AM »
I`m confident you`ll find something similar in your plumbing or sealant section at your home center. You probably have to try some different products first though to find the right stuff. I`ll ask my handyman he normally knows these kind of things. So if I`m not mistaken, the sealant has to be resistant to several kind of chemicals for cleaning the screen, needs to be tough to withstand the pressure washer, anything else I missed?

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 05:46:50 AM »
We stretch our own screens and have what you could called a sealant.
We put tape on the screen and glue up to the tape making sure that we leave the width of the coating trough.
I like to leave a bit more top and bottom.
The sealant is nothing special, its the glue used to glue the screen to the mesh.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il