Author Topic: ISS Nashville 2015  (Read 3199 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
ISS Nashville 2015
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
Just a heads up to everyone, they couldn't have picked a worse weekend to have it.  Its the same weekend as Vanderbilts graduation and ALL OF THE HOTELS ARE RIDICULOUS!  I paid $300 a night at the Omni last year, this year its $500 a night.  Every major hotel that's close by is over $300 and will only get higher the closer the date gets.  So book now if you are going.  We are gonna suck it up and drop the cash I guess.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ISSTeam

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
Re: ISS Nashville 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »
Hi, Dirk,
I can certainly understand your pain about the hotels in Nashville. I don't think the city was prepared for us coming in there. I will tell you we are working on better hotel rates. Please keep checking our website. I'm not sure if the Omni will be on our block, however, I do know we are working to get a much broader range of prices.
Thanks for the feedback,
Erin
Erin Cianciolo
Senior Account Executive
ISS Shows

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 07:52:41 PM »
I should be there, if not with M&R, then on my own over the weekend. Luckily, I have a free room, but it's a 30 or so min drive. LOL.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline PylonPress

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »
Just registered.   Usually if I make it out to one its Orlando, trying Nashville for a change of scenery this year.
Nick - Pylon Press Screen Printing
http://www.pylonpress.net

Offline PylonPress

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 02:52:15 PM »
Also hotel rates seemed pretty standard from what I can tell on Orbitz.com.   Haven't booked yet but I didnt notice any inflation that weekend.
Nick - Pylon Press Screen Printing
http://www.pylonpress.net

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 03:41:26 PM »
What are the show dates. Too lazy to look
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 04:24:15 PM »
What are the show dates. Too lazy to look

ISS Nashville May 7-9 

Nashville Music City Center

Room rates are high partially due to Mothers Day Weekend &
Vanderbilt University Commencement May 6-8, 2015

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 04:24:50 PM »
Just registered.   Usually if I make it out to one its Orlando, trying Nashville for a change of scenery this year.

Don't forget that SGIA is in Atlanta this year.  We are skipping ISS in favor of SGIA this year. Most of the vendors you would see at ISS will be at SGIA,  plus a whoooole lotta other cool stuff.

SGIA is the first week of November, fyi.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 04:26:12 PM »

Don't forget that SGIA is in Atlanta this year.  We are skipping ISS in favor of SGIA this year. Most of the vendors you would see at ISS will be at SGIA,  plus a whoooole lotta other cool stuff.

SGIA is the first week of November, fyi.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 04:46:13 PM »
still might drive down Saturday, but SGIA in ATL will be better, and I can stay at my house for free.  To bad the way Nashville worked out this year, I really like going there.  Hope ISS keeps it there next year and understands that with this being the year that SGIA is in ATL, they will probably lose attendees.

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 05:51:36 PM »
still might drive down Saturday, but SGIA in ATL will be better, and I can stay at my house for free.  To bad the way Nashville worked out this year, I really like going there.  Hope ISS keeps it there next year and understands that with this being the year that SGIA is in ATL, they will probably lose attendees.

...all I heard just now was "party at Dirkdigglers place!!". Having seen the movie, I will definitely be there!

Dibs on the grotto!!!

Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
anyone heading south to ATL that wants to stop by, lets do it!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 06:57:09 AM »
I might see about going to SGIA Atl.  Nashville I liked it, but it was small, could walk it in 3 minutes if you weren't stopping.  But it being small was nice in some ways, little less busy time to catch up with people.  Both are similar drives from me so may do both.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »
an update, hotels dropped drastically!  Omni was at $500 a night, I just booked it at $239.  See everyone there.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 06:51:09 AM »
DID YOU GO?

In my opinion the Nashville ISS show is a great mid sized regional decorated apparel event that has a good future.

Does the value the event provides offset the high cost of travel and hotel rooms question will only be answered with time.  Look for a minor date change next year that will improve the room rate problem.

Regarding the food, just plop me down in the middle of rib joints and hose me off every once in a while, I would soon be on one of those 600 pound reality shows because you can't say no to food that tastes that good.

The attendees that were in my Seminar presentations and hung around to talk after we very excited about the show and all indicated their ROI was good.

Other observations from people that were there?

~Kitson

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050