Author Topic: My Own Little Side Project  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Different

• Verified/Junior
My Own Little Side Project
« on: January 08, 2015, 06:59:39 AM »
I have always been a science fiction/fantasy buff, which was a big inspiration to be an artist when I grew up. Now I make a living creating art for other people. This is for myself for fun and enjoyment and getting back into my mojo!

The shots are showing how I developed from sketch to a final :)
www.mitchdifferent.com
www.mitchdifferent.blogspot.com
www.DifferentCreative.com
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.   -Shakespeare

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: My Own Little Side Project
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:41:09 AM »
Nice work Mitch

Offline Different

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:14:50 AM »
Thanks Tony.  Now I'm off to go do art for other people. . .

. . . and the saga continues.
www.mitchdifferent.com
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.   -Shakespeare

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 10:02:38 AM »
<--- BIG FAN of Science Fiction and Fantasy, especially the art that has accompanied the books and gaming modules!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 10:08:54 AM »
What brand of tablet do you use? I want a wacom full screen but may start with a lower end screen

Offline Different

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 10:35:14 AM »
I use the Wacom Cintiq!  I tried the Yiynova 19" that I bought from Amazon. I messed with it for about 2 weeks but it had too many drawbacks, including not working with the pressure sensitivity in Illustrator with the brush tool. A MUST for me.  The screen was very blue and did not match the dual monitor system I use. So, I sent it back and paid the restocking fee. Then I turned around and ordered the Cintiq 22HD in August. My busiest month on freelance. I picked up on using it right away!  It's quicker and easier than the Intuos and I doubled my productivity. It paid for itself in two weeks or so. I love it to death and I wish I would have jumped on this years ago!
www.mitchdifferent.com

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »

Nice work Mitch! I envy you finding the time for personal work.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Different

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »
Thanks Scott! Yeah, once a year ain't too shabby ;)
www.mitchdifferent.com

Offline Different

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 03:44:31 PM »
<--- BIG FAN of Science Fiction and Fantasy, especially the art that has accompanied the books and gaming modules!

Good to find someone with a common interest. I grew up old school with Frazetta, Boris, Jeff Jones, Hildebrant Brothers, Whelan, etc.  Because of these guys I became an avid book reader as well. Between these and comic books my studies were not something to write home about.
www.mitchdifferent.com