Author Topic: Yay or Nay - Racking Solution for Squeegees and Flood Bars  (Read 7587 times)

Offline Action1

Yay or Nay - Racking Solution for Squeegees and Flood Bars
« on: January 10, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »
Ladies and Gentleman - Friends of TSB - Happy New Year to you all and I hope to see many of you in Long Beach next week.

Once again - I submit a request for your professional feedback  - A Saturday morning product development effort - Please let us hear your Yay or Nay to this new product idea.

This is a storage solution for squeegees and flood bars. For use on M&R® and all M&R® compatible machines.

Purpose - To store squeegees and flood bars so that:
They are safe from falling over
Easy to identify
Occupy the smallest space.
Eliminate possibility of cross contamination of colors or chemistry.
Keeps your shop clean and orderly.

Solution -  A custom aluminum extrusion. Shipped in 10” wide x 16” length sections. Clear Coat Anodized Finish. It is mounted on shelving/ racks - procured by the end user. The extrusions will have two strips of double sided - peel and stick tape on the contact surface. Each section will accommodate 7 standard squeegees or standard flood bars. Each section will accommodate 4 winged flood bars. Roller Squeegees and Double Stroke Squeegees can also be racked.

Cost - Starting at $45 per section with volume discounts available.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:50:10 AM by Action1 »

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Re: Yay or Nay - Racking Solution for Squeegees and Flood Bars
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:11:01 PM »
we'd be into it, especially if it was wall mount-able
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 12:16:40 PM »
Would work great in my shop, on my press carts as well as our storage shelves which we store on now. This would keep everything nice and tightly organized. Even having this next to squeegee cleaning station would be nice. I'll be in long beach to place an order for sure. I dig it
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Action1

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 12:24:25 PM »
we'd be into it, especially if it was wall mount-able

Hi Eric - What I have in mind is that you first buy a shelf with many levels like seen here at our shop. We got these at Global Industrial for around $100 each. We painted them ourselves.

Offline Action1

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 12:40:12 PM »
Would work great in my shop, on my press carts as well as our storage shelves which we store on now. This would keep everything nice and tightly organized. Even having this next to squeegee cleaning station would be nice. I'll be in long beach to place an order for sure. I dig it

Fantastic Danny. I do look forward to seeing you there.

We have our best display ever. In fact - for the first time - we have an island. We also made a faux 6 station machine to demonstrate our various Specialty Application Pallets.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 12:44:47 PM »
You could make it wall mountable pretty easy... Buy some rectangular steel tube and cut the opening and just leave the bottom 1" solid. The solid part would be at the bottom to keep them from falling out.

Could work nice!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »
I can dig it.

What if it had a pinch point at one end, to stop it from sliding out the other end, so you could hang it vertically attached to a wall. This way it drip dries, & is less likely to build up water and chemicals sitting in the bottom of the rack.

We will be in LB as well. See you there.

Murphy37

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 12:51:05 PM »
Definitely wall mountable to save space.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 02:02:58 PM »
Ladies and Gentleman - Friends of TSB - Happy New Year to you all and I hope to see many of you in Long Beach next week.

Once again - I submit a request for your professional feedback  - A Saturday morning product development effort - Please let us hear your Yay or Nay to this new product idea.

This is a storage solution for squeegees and flood bars. For use on M&R® and all M&R® compatible machines.

Easy to identify

Solution -  A custom aluminum extrusion. Shipped in 10” wide x 16” length sections. Clear Coat Anodized Finish. It is mounted on shelving/ racks - procured by the end user. The extrusions will have two strips of double sided - peel and stick tape on the contact surface. Each section will accommodate 7 standard squeegees or standard flood bars. Each section will accommodate 4 winged flood bars. Roller Squeegees and Double Stroke Squeegees can also be racked.

use Unistrut. You can buy very inexpensivly at HomeDepot, etc. it fits perfectly and can also easily attach to carts as well
Rich Hoffman

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 04:41:35 PM »
Guess it's safe to say you won't be demoing Action's product at your booth next to the Smartwasher eh?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 06:00:42 PM »
Lmao obviously

Offline Action1

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 06:36:27 PM »

Easy to identify

use Unistrut. You can buy very inexpensivly at HomeDepot, etc. it fits perfectly and can also easily attach to carts as well

I like my idea better. But thanks for the feedback.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 11:11:33 PM »

Easy to identify

I like my idea better. But thanks for the feedback.
did not go to the top and see who this was posted by. Was just giving a solution. Have a good show!
Rich Hoffman

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 11:31:19 AM »
Hey Erik,
any update on these?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »

Easy to identify

Right on. That`s what we`ve used as we built our racks for squeegees and floodbars. Took around 10 minutes and as floorspace comes at a premium rate in my part of the world they needed to go on the wall. And yes they are dirt cheap.