Author Topic: Ink Carding stations and methods?????  (Read 6077 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Re: Ink Carding stations and methods?????
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 02:59:40 PM »
I bought this: http://www.harborfreight.com/color-security-system-with-night-vision-60565.html and mounted magnets to the camera mounts. I haven't set it up yet, but intend to use it to monitor ink levels on the back print heads.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 03:18:27 PM »
Back on topic...
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 03:29:08 PM »
we have one for each auto.

One is simply a flat cart, with the inks on the table behind it. Screens get piled up on this table, or carded off on it, depending how busy we are.

The other is a cart we built with 5 screen slots, that can hold an screen with ink and squeegees and floodbars to be cleaned later.

Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »
Webcams with the tablet browser on the feed page?

derp...yep that would be the idea, thank you.  I have never used a webcam so it didn't even cross my mind.  I'm guessing these are affordable and easy to use with ipads.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 05:31:13 PM »
Great input guys!! Love the pics.

Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Racer Tees

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 06:57:29 PM »
This thread has made me rethink how I want to place things when I build my screen room.  Some really nice setups here.

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »
https://www.dropcam.com/

you can get these for about $100.00 now.  Only require a power outlet once synced with your computer and phone.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 07:24:35 AM »
We use a small hand cart that was left in the building. Perfect size. Clean one color at a time, put it away and move to the next. Keep in mind that this is only a 2 or 3 person shop. We use backer board from Uline that we cut down to roughly 3x4 pieces, I like them cause you just toss them. Nothing to clean and nothing with ink on it laying around.

A clean carpeted shop floor... that might be a first  :) 8)

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 08:42:57 AM »
We use a small hand cart that was left in the building. Perfect size. Clean one color at a time, put it away and move to the next. Keep in mind that this is only a 2 or 3 person shop. We use backer board from Uline that we cut down to roughly 3x4 pieces, I like them cause you just toss them. Nothing to clean and nothing with ink on it laying around.

A clean carpeted shop floor... that might be a first  :) 8)

The building was a men's clothing store. The only place we took the carpet up was in the screen room, to much water happening in there. It does make it easy on the feet :-)
Tees and Coffee

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 11:05:35 AM »
Catnhat, is that a CCTV setup to check ink in print heads?   How do you like that setup, as useful as you thought it would be?

We were talking about doing this on our 8 color but trying to get the cameras to feed to a tablet.

Thread officially jacked.

Webcams with the tablet browser on the feed page? I'd think trying to do it hardware straight to the tablet would be
pretty difficult, they generally don't support that sort of thing. Plus you could watch it remotely and make sure your
press isn't getting high in the ink room at night.

I've thought about this a million times as well, and like you, wonder if it's yet another one of those ideas that I thought would be the
cat's meow but ends up a sad trombone sound.

This is very hurtful to us trombone players. We are a sensitive lot. The brunt of many jokes. (Sniff sniff)  ;)

I had my carding ink thang all worked out with my single manual press. Then along comes an auto, and I'm learning to print all over again. (And that statement ISN'T facetious!)

But I'm trying out all kinds of systems for Ink removal and nothing has struck a happy chord just yet. I end up walking a mile in all directions when cleanup time comes.

Please...no tuba jokes. Not after last Sunday's missed keychange.  Tooooo soon.....

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 12:30:26 PM »
If I had known we had a tromboner in our midst I certainly would have been more respectful!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
If I had known we had a tromboner in our midst I certainly would have been more respectful!

teeheehee

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2015, 01:50:10 PM »
Mean.

JUUUUUST mean.