Author Topic: check you attitude at the door  (Read 1378 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
check you attitude at the door
« on: January 28, 2015, 08:19:06 PM »
My lip is bleeding.....
get an order last week for a guy and his bossy wife. Older couple in their 60's drive up in a fat s$$ Cadillac suv.
They stop in today and she "itches" me out for not sending the art proof I promised. Totally full of herself barking orders and making demands.
They ordered 11 hoodies & 24 tee shirts 1 color 3 spots on the hoodies two spots on the tees, simple stuff .....the order is going to put me on easy street ::)
she tells me they need the hoodies because her guys are out in the cold all day.
I say when do you want the order in your hands?
she reminds me they have been waiting for a week for the art proof....
I ask when do you want the order in your hands?????
She says we came here because we were not happy with the last printer  he did the work but it was not that good.
I ask her Again.... when do you want the order in you hands??????????
she continues to beat me up on my progress and I notice her husband is backing away from the conversation !!!!!!
I ask her again when do you want the order in your hands??????????????????????????????????????
and I tell her I have you items here in the box ...........when do you want the order in your hands????????????????????????????????????????
She wants to see them.......the hoodies that is
I show her ...she picks up the hoodies, Gildan 18500 & 18600 and says these are too thin.........
I say you brought me two hoodies to print on along with your order......they are the same (crappy 8 ounce ) fabric.
She stalls with nothing to say except they have been waiting for their order when am I going to have them done???????
I say by the end of today here are the hoodies you brought in the order is now complete have a nice day.
She takes the hoodies and makes some smart A$$ comment and walks out followed by her silent stand off husband.
I am too F^%$ING old for this bull  shirt.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Ripcord

Re: check you attitude at the door
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 08:31:13 PM »
I wouldn't do the job. 99% of customers are happy with a reasonable turnaround (or an agreed upon turnaround) and as long as you show the proof before you print, that should be fine. If someone voices a disagreement over something, I'm usually cool with it, but if that disagreement turns into a beratement of me, I politely apologize for not being able to accommodate them and suggest they keep me in mind for future projects. This has only happened once or twice in 12 years of being in business, and as you said I'm too old to deal with it.

And...Gildan 18500's are very nice quality. I use them for my standard hoodies and have never had any complaints that they were too thin.
Raster to vector conversion

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:26 PM »
oh you mean like the guy calling and yelling today the he needs his order tomorrow but he hasn't approved art yet and we have sent him notices every two days for the past week.  Left voice mail saying we will not meet his deadline...I told him we could have it for friday for a 50% RUSH Fee..you would think the world has ended...well if it was that important, I would have been checking my email..ughhhh some people.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 09:31:34 PM »
and that folks is why I work in the back printing and running the floor.

I'd have looked right at the husband and told him to control his wife before I do.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 10:03:01 PM »

And...Gildan 18500's are very nice quality. I use them for my standard hoodies and have never had any complaints that they were too thin.

Same here, I like the 18500 a lot.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 10:53:51 PM »
and that folks is why I work in the back printing and running the floor.

I'd have looked right at the husband and told him to control his wife before I do.

What he said!!!

I just don't have it, dealing with dopey customers. Give me the Dungeon any day. Radio on, nobody to have to "handle"....

I guess I'm becoming an Olde Farte, and a grumpy one at that!

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 12:36:09 AM »
Not all business is good business.  You handled that correctly.  It is just a waste of time to deal with irrational people like that.  Even if you take the order and then print them correctly and on time; they would have found some reason to not pay the quoted price when coming to pick them up. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:45:27 AM by KevWilso »
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 12:24:57 PM »

Same here, I like the 18500 a lot.

We don't show them, I also think they are too thin. We always show 9 oz. or so, and let them know there are lighter weights and heavier weights available at different prices. The overwhelming bulk of sweatshirts we move are the G12000 series or compatible. But, she brought them is as samples, so you did exactly the right thing. Some folks need a lot more explaining, like the fact that you may have 50 orders in house ahead of them...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't