Author Topic: Ok, why can't I print this out?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Ok, why can't I print this out?
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:41:27 PM »
This is that CMYK job that was just discussed in the TIFF vs DCS thread.

I renamed my channels to "process Cyan" and etc.  So now they show up as spot colors in Illy just fine.  I can Over Print preview them just fine.  Start the print process just fine, I see 5 spot colors (have a spot purple for text) and I hit "print" and walked out last night.  Came in this morning and purple was outputted and that was it.  I thought my printer thought I was out of ink as it often does but no... no errors.

Sit down and look at it and try to print again (skipping the purple this time)... nothing.

Pull up Accurip on the host pc as well as my print queues on my local pc (both accurip as well as the WF1100) and hit print again.  Nothing shows up anywhere.

Have my production manager try to print it on his PC... nothing again.

Hop over to the wife's PC (CS5 there) and it comes up and says "Can't print the illustration", this doesn't appear on our PC's.

So... I'm baffled and don't understand what is going on.

Would someone mind taking a look and seeing if they have any problems out putting the (process) CMYK elements... not the spot purple.

Google drive link because it's too big (even zipped).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwdPJ7c6eSh6YVVmTzk4N2wyenc/view?usp=sharing

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Ok, why can't I print this out?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »
seps are missing from the file on google. Can you post just the seps?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Ok, why can't I print this out?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 03:16:13 PM »