Author Topic: Business card with gold lettering  (Read 1628 times)

Offline StuJohnston

Business card with gold lettering
« on: September 10, 2011, 03:07:15 AM »

IMG_4308 by StuJohnston, on Flickr

Just thought I would give an idea of where I'm coming from. This was a test of the nazdar 9700 series with the universal flattening powder. I also got some gold cres lite for the business name. The gold was much more successful. I kind of wonder if trying to flatten the black with max percentage made it difficult to pass through the 305. The gold was through a 230. I think I may try the 230 for the flattened black next time. When the black worked, it was nice and sharp on uncoated paper.

I should mention that I am a rank amateur when it comes to pulling a squeegee and I imagine that going with solvent inks isn't helping my learning curve. I do find them much more satisfying than waterbased. Though I don't plan to use the solvents anymore once I get enough income to buy a uv dryer.

Related news, that olec al-53 and vacuum frame are well worth all of the $200 that I paid for them. Actually, now that I have used it some, I could see myself paying full price. I tried making a thick stencil by applying extra emulsion after the screen was partially dry. It didn't wash out, but I think I have a way of making rubber stamps out of the QX-1 that I didn't intend to use anymore!