Author Topic: 9mm squeegee rubber  (Read 7204 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: 9mm squeegee rubber
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 06:54:52 PM »
So is the solution to track down the 9mm rubber? 

We'll need to do this soon but still have standard/American manual and auto squeegees as well.  Will the Euro width fit in the American stuff without slipping?

I'm hearing "it's near impossible to stuff the US blade into the Euro holders" from users and "it's no big deal" from sellers.

Chris, I'll try to answer this as best as I understand it. I have not taken a pair of mics to my holders to measure the width where the blade is inserted but I've been ordering my triple duro rubber from Ryonet and it drops in the holders super easy. I believe they have brought in a lot of the euro profile to fit all the roq holders. I did hear from roq awhile back that all the holders they would be shipping with US presses would have the standard non euro profile but that would need to be confirmed. I have some standard blade material here and while it doesn't just slip right into my holders I have not had a real difficult time getting it in them. I have heard stories of others where they cannot get them to fit at all but that has not been the case for me. I'll bring some mic calipers into the shop tomorrow to measure what we have here and update this thread but all the material that ryonet sells has been fitting into our holders super easy.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ryanmoor

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 07:00:22 PM »

We'll need to do this soon but still have standard/American manual and auto squeegees as well.  Will the Euro width fit in the American stuff without slipping?

I'm hearing "it's near impossible to stuff the US blade into the Euro holders" from users and "it's no big deal" from sellers.
Chris, the old YOU M presses used a smaller blade but as of last year all presses are using the same large US style of blade. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2016, 08:21:28 PM »
Thanks Danny and Ryan, good to know.  We're going to be moving from a Kwik Clamp so we're totally spoiled and I wanted to make sure my crew wasn't out there hating life. 

Offline SI

• !!!
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2016, 09:42:59 PM »
We got our Roq in June. I just measured the holders at .37 inch and the rubber at .36. That's around 9.144mm. I'm not going to try but pretty sure the holders could be pried open slightly if needed. We recently bought triple duro 9mm from northwest graphics that dropped right in. Haven't tried a "US" blade in them as of yet

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 10:17:54 PM »
We run all smiling jacks and we pried them a bit and made them fit.

Offline ryanmoor

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2016, 12:19:41 AM »
We run all smiling jacks and we pried them a bit and made them fit.
I can attest this work great in the ROQ

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2016, 05:58:17 PM »

Chris, the old YOU M presses used a smaller blade but as of last year all presses are using the same large US style of blade. Hope this helps.

Ryan,

If I ordered new squeegee holders from Ryonet, would they made made to fit 9mm, or US standard squeegees?

Offline ryanmoor

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2016, 06:23:22 PM »

Ryan,

If I ordered new squeegee holders from Ryonet, would they made made to fit 9mm, or US standard squeegees?
We have both, the R2 or the shorter legacy M models and the R3 are the new taller ones

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2016, 04:50:39 PM »

Ryan,

We have both, the R2 or the shorter legacy M models and the R3 are the new taller ones

Oh man, so I'm still confused on this.  The R3 holders take a 50x9mm blade.   

Tracking down 9mm blade is hard if you want specific blade but there appears to be some Serilor available stateside in 75/90/75 and 65/90/65.  I'm trying to get us on the same or similar blade we've been running here, the 55/90/55, but Fimor won't bring it in from Europe from the sound of it.  Of note is that there is a tolerance with squeegee blade width and the "US" stuff actually varies from 9.1-9.5mm wide, give/take.  They were kind enough to offer to put the calipers on their stock and find the thinnest batch they have so we could get at least closer to something that can drop in the holders.

The reason I'm looking so hard into this is twofold:  First, my crew is used to being able to swap blade quickly and accurately with our kwik clamp which will be sorely missed.  Second, I really want to stay with the soft edge triple blade we've been using, especially moving from rubber coated platens to bare metal. 

Ryan are you saying that new R3 holders have been revised for US use and are now shipping at 9.5mm or are they still shipping at 9mm?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:53:25 PM by ZooCity »

Offline ryanmoor

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2016, 09:11:29 PM »

Ryan,

Oh man, so I'm still confused on this.  The R3 holders take a 50x9mm blade.   

Tracking down 9mm blade is hard if you want specific blade but there appears to be some Serilor available stateside in 75/90/75 and 65/90/65.  I'm trying to get us on the same or similar blade we've been running here, the 55/90/55, but Fimor won't bring it in from Europe from the sound of it.  Of note is that there is a tolerance with squeegee blade width and the "US" stuff actually varies from 9.1-9.5mm wide, give/take.  They were kind enough to offer to put the calipers on their stock and find the thinnest batch they have so we could get at least closer to something that can drop in the holders.

The reason I'm looking so hard into this is twofold:  First, my crew is used to being able to swap blade quickly and accurately with our kwik clamp which will be sorely missed.  Second, I really want to stay with the soft edge triple blade we've been using, especially moving from rubber coated platens to bare metal. 

Ryan are you saying that new R3 holders have been revised for US use and are now shipping at 9.5mm or are they still shipping at 9mm?
Yes that is correct! Good to go on the new r3

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2016, 09:36:54 PM »
Zoo, do you still have the kwik clamp system? I have a bunch of the squeegees, but not the main unit (been using a friends). Feel free to PM if you do and may be leeting it go..
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2016, 10:09:39 PM »
What is correct?  The new r3 is 9 or 9.5mm?  I'm seeing 9mm according to s.roque.

Mr T.  Probably selling kwik clamp in feb.  Email me and I'll loop you in on that lot of stuff.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2016, 10:18:40 PM »
If I'm understanding it correctly, the R2 is 9mm and the R3 3/8" for the US market.