Author Topic: How many color  (Read 8260 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: How many color
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 11:27:35 AM »
Hi All

Thank for your answer, I appreciate

Looking for the permission for print that, yes we have the permission and I have to make sample before.
I'll never print  illegal picture for 200 or 500 t-shirt.

Thank
Michel,

Just make sure that the permission is actually from the legal department at Universal Studios...

Exactly, and I seriously doubt they are contacting manual printers to print this shirt.

Dont bet on that. A lot of high end sampling still gets done on manuals. Running a small run through one is not all that uncommon. We have run sample runs that number in the hundreds and have been shipped all over the world to sales reps and potential vendors.

Do you really believe Universal Studios would contact a manual printer and not provide him Seps and PMS colors for this shirt.  In addition do you believe they would select a manual printer that could not determine color count of the job?

There is the context of my original reply.

Not only do I believe it but I have experience in it. We have printed for several movies during the production phase and yes some of them were printed on a manual. It is usually a PA or someone that works for the producer wanting shirts made for the cast and crew. Most of these people dont even know how the shirt process works anyhow so they are not going to be able to know if the printer knows what they are doing or not. Not everything goes through Universals merch department back here in Universal City. Most productions have a budget for swag and choose to push the money locally to help the local economies where they film.

Not trying to be a dick but whats happening above does happen a lot more than you realize especially out here in movie land. We just embroidered hats for a movie being filmed in Louisiana. The referral was made by a Grip that got a hat from something else we did work on. The Producer saw it and wanted some for their set. I have done contract work for a printer that cant determine color counts for movies they have done work with. If you guys dont get any of that business your not going to realize that this is not all that uncommon.

I agree there are exceptions to everything in life.  I will lean to 9 times outta 10 that a when a printer is asking how many colors are in a copy written logo that is likely they don't have permission to print it to start with.

agreed, 9 out of 10, but that makes the one person being blamed for something they did not do. Also, the poster seems to be from Canada and if he is in a remote part of the country, it is possible he is the only one around to get the order done.

pierre

Very well could be one of those exceptions. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 12:01:57 PM »
...We just embroidered hats for a movie being filmed in Louisiana. ...

And this is part of the exact reason our tax breaks for the movie industry is hurting our state vs helping.

We are WAY in the red for this program, but because it's bringing "notoriety" to the state because "oh, that was filmed here" or politicians can claim they are the reason so many movies were filmed here... we won't get rid of the program.

Duck Dynasty guys all have their stuff printed/embroidered in China... kind of ironic given the nature of what they claim to stand for.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 12:20:41 PM »
...We just embroidered hats for a movie being filmed in Louisiana. ...

And this is part of the exact reason our tax breaks for the movie industry is hurting our state vs helping.

We are WAY in the red for this program, but because it's bringing "notoriety" to the state because "oh, that was filmed here" or politicians can claim they are the reason so many movies were filmed here... we won't get rid of the program.

Duck Dynasty guys all have their stuff printed/embroidered in China... kind of ironic given the nature of what they claim to stand for.

Well didn't you know we are sellout's over here for the all mighty dollar, and then lie and say we want jobs brought back yeah right.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Mitchel

• Verified/Junior
  • www.promotionsgma.com
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 04:48:53 PM »
Hello,
I am very surprised to see so much enthusiasm for this, very boring to read you.
I put the question to you because its been since 1996 that I am on different forums (before the us screen printer) and I know that among you sound very good printer.
About the job is a distributor and not a printer who approach us to see if we make a swatch with places an order.

Sorry for my English I try to make easy to understand
thank you and good evening

Michel,

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 04:56:53 PM »
Well good luck Michel, I think most of us here want you to be protected. And a lot of shirts can certainly be printed manually. Our record here, before we had a single auto, was 9,000 2 color on white, with two low grade manual presses over a weekend, ready for pickup on Monday morning, and no speed tables. With speed tables, that would have gone much faster...

Steve
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:07:43 PM by Sbrem »
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 05:00:50 PM »
Michel (or Mitchel)
I'll apologize in general for the change in focus of this thread, but it wouldn't have been the first time that the folks here were asked for help on obvious copyrighted art that appeared to on the road to unauthorized reproduction. Our membership is a discerning bunch.

This subject, in fact, is fresh in the membership's minds as we have a current thread from a licensee who just lost a bunch of work to a bootlegger.

Though it shouldn't have been necessary, on such a notable piece of art, a little background on the specifcs could only have helped avoid the confusion, and unneeded warnings.

I hope the more technical posts were helpful.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Mitchel

• Verified/Junior
  • www.promotionsgma.com
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 07:54:24 AM »
Thank you all, you help me a lot.
Do not be sorry Mr. Frog, I understand very well the situation and I think I would say the same things on my side.
yes technical information will be my very Useful.

Go to all great week and happy to re-speak ..

Michel,