Author Topic: About to print my first sim process...  (Read 5865 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: About to print my first sim process...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 10:50:26 AM »
looks great!  Off topic, but I started using 25 instead of 22.5 and have seen an improvement with the S-mesh for some reason.  I was getting slight square moire issues with 22.5 that went away.  Anyone else seen something like this or know why this might be.  I'll admit I understand the basic reasoning behind the common angles chosen and how they relate to mesh interference, but not why 2.5 degrees would eliminate moire that shouldn't be there with 22.5 to begin with.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 11:01:39 AM »
Yep I had to chance my angle on some white plates

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 03:16:44 PM »
looks great!  Off topic, but I started using 25 instead of 22.5 and have seen an improvement with the S-mesh for some reason.  I was getting slight square moire issues with 22.5 that went away.  Anyone else seen something like this or know why this might be.  I'll admit I understand the basic reasoning behind the common angles chosen and how they relate to mesh interference, but not why 2.5 degrees would eliminate moire that shouldn't be there with 22.5 to begin with.

Murikami has a pretty badass chart of all the mesh counts and what works best for them.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 04:43:01 PM »

I just started using a 25 angle due to a recommendation for s mesh and noticed a difference right away.
It's not a job if you love doing it.