Author Topic: HOW, PLEASE WOULD I DO THIS?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline GHEENEE1

• Verified/Junior
HOW, PLEASE WOULD I DO THIS?
« on: March 28, 2015, 01:03:50 PM »
Could someone please tell me the term for an object through text. Or tell me how to produce this effect in Corel Draw.

Offline lrsbranding

• Verified/Junior
Re: HOW, PLEASE WOULD I DO THIS?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 01:36:27 PM »
Take your text and make a copy of it. Now move the original text to the back of page and lay the sword on top of it. Take the copy text and place it on top of other text and sword to the front of the page. It will help if you change the top text to a different color so you can see it better, now convert to curves. Move or delete the nodes where you want the sword to show. The bottom text will fill in behind the sword so you don't need to be exact when moving the nodes. When you have the sword and bottom text showing where you want change the color of the top to the same as the bottom and it should all blend in.

Offline GHEENEE1

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »
Thanks, couldn't get it right.

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »
Another method would be to insert text and make copy... lay sword over text...... paste text.... break text apart (CTRL K)..... each letter that needs the sword in front of convert to curves (CTRL Q).... use the knife tool to cut out each section not needed. Don't forget to use the tip lrsbranding suggested and make your bottom text a different color than the top.

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:25:06 AM »
It looks to me like that sample was done with this font.
http://www.dafont.com/barbarian.font

Covert to curves, break apart and edit as needed to remove the detail.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:33:05 AM by Sparkie »
- Mark

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 06:07:44 PM »
Since it's a one color design, I'd just draw shapes like the yellow one shown here and use the shapes to trim the letters where they should fall behind the sword.
Raster to vector conversion