Author Topic: Negative Review / Response?  (Read 2732 times)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Negative Review / Response?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 03:19:06 PM »
I am not a super nice guy. I am more of a business person then a nice guy. This is business. If the customer is mad enough to write a review then you did something wrong. Maybe the shirts are right but your communication of the job was off. Something went wrong. I don't give in very often, I also don't mess up very often. I have been doing this for going on 7 years and I have only lost about $2000. That is for reprints, non pays and other small fixes. Most of that was a miscommunication with one of my big customers. I printed the shirt like the proof they supplied and didn't make a color change that they had in one of these 20 or so email on the job. It was a Rush and I just had to get it printed in time. That job I did reprint and I even let them keep the messed up ones. They do over 50K with me a year so keeping them happy is worth more then the time and cost to reprint. She was not even mad, I just did the right thing.

I look at problems in their eyes. It doesn't cost us that much to reprint a job, to make it right. Most jobs I can reprint and still make some money on. I know the bottom line is to make money but if you mess up you have to fix it. I have another guy that tells me to offer a discount. I think that is a crappy way to handle a mistake you made. We are a business and we stand behind our product and if it is our mistake we make it right.

Exactly how I feel......Well said.....

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »
I've been doing this so damn long that I can pretty much recognize problem customers and act accordingly. All jobs need a tremendous amount of communication to be sure that the customer knows what they are getting, and their costs. We recently reprinted a job, 4/4 on G2000 black, 100 pieces, because we mixed too much white pigment into the white discharge base, and the plastisol top colors didn't stick, and broke down badly in the laundry. When contacted about it, we asked them to snap a pic and send it. As soon as we saw it, we told them we would replace them immediately. When they picked up, they said they didn't really expect us to resolve it. So I asked,"Why not? Right is right, and wrong is wrong. We did wrong, we made it right." The point is, communication is everything, SENDS PROOFS, make them sign off so they feel involved. It's good to hear that it could be resolved, now just let it go, everyone's happy, yes?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline starchild

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 05:44:09 PM »
Instead of chasing down reviews (that takes resources) focus on providing useful and positive content about your business and it's culture as one of your social media campaigns (that takes resources too) spend it wisely.. A post a day will neutralize any rear negative review..

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 05:46:55 PM »
I can agree with that from a business stand point, if we mess up I have no problem replacing the item, that is the first thing we say here is we will replace before any refund is talked about, but we've had some customer I know are trying to get over on us and I want stand for that at all.  Matter of fact here is one just the other day lady came in to buy some t-shirt for her biz another lady that works with here told her not to come to us because we sold them bad shirts, first I ever heard of this being we printed that job for them 6 or 7 years ago.  My wife ask did the print fail, she said no the print was fine the t-shirts started getting holes in them after one wash (g2000) my wife ask why didn't you all contact us about it.....well we didn't think you all would do anything about it is what she said....my wife said all you had to do was bring the shirts with holes in them to us and let us check it out.. mine you this was a Mud trucking event hmmm.  but anyway we tell all customers if you have any problems please let us know good or bad because we can't stand by our product if we don't know whats going on.   Screen I agree we try to treat all customers like 50K customers, but some you just have to cut loose.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »
Sometimes there is an issue sometimes there is a PITA customer.
If you feel obligated to respond via this  social media madness consider something like this....

mooseman

We strive to provide the best products and services to every customer we serve.
As in all business actions sometimes a customer will have a concern or be less than 100% satisfied with a product or service.

While we truly believe our customer is unhappy with a small portion of the order we produced
we have offered solutions and remedies to mitigate the claim. To  to date we have been unsuccessful in obtaining our customer’s acceptance and we continue encourage this customer to
work with us directly .
In business success does not come just when things go correctly . Success grows rapidly when you correctly act when your customer presents an issue.
Again we encourage our customer to work with us directly, customer satisfaction is our ultimate product.
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
Before he took down is bad review I checked his other reviews of local businesses. He's a little quick-to-judge in my opinion and takes things very personally. Just a general sensitive guy that thinks he's gold I guess? I quoted him via email earlier this month too haha glad I didn't get the job! It'd be like walking on eggshells around an emotional girlfriend.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 07:30:48 PM »
Some people you just won't satisfy. I wouldn't try to have him remove it, next thing you have is him posting that in response and that looks even worse.

If he is fabricating the facts, gather your information and contact Google and FB. The other thing I would do is publicly respond to it by saying in the least "form" generated way that you are sorry and would welcome the chance to work with him towards a solution. Use his negative review as your chance to show how your customer service shines! If you wait too long though it looks non genuine.

Even if you get his review removed, chances are he will still verbally bad mouth you. Even worse if the review gets removed and there is no attempt at a resolution.

Of you relay on the public/public opinion for business, give him whatever he wants and move on.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 08:50:17 PM »

Before he took down is bad review I checked his other reviews of local businesses. He's a little quick-to-judge in my opinion and takes things very personally. Just a general sensitive guy that thinks he's gold I guess? I quoted him via email earlier this month too haha glad I didn't get the job! It'd be like walking on eggshells around an emotional girlfriend.

I was going to send you a note to be in the lookout for this guy. 

We treat all of our customers like gold, regardless of how they handle the job, and constantly bend over backwards to accommodate and right any wrongs.  Some people just live outside of reality and I'm unable to get on their level.

In the end he agreed to remove the posts and I agreed to send him the requested refund. 

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 11:10:44 AM »
I would never re-do an order without getting the problem shirts back. First, this eliminates those shirts from ever being circulated and becoming a talking point about your work. Second, it could be that the customer is trying to double the order for free and finally, you can always use shop rags.

About reviews... On my FB page there is one dude who rated me at one star. Don't have a clue who he is and never done any work for him. Like the ash tray my Dad had that had a bar scene painted on it....the back side of five men setting at a bar. On the corner sat the ass of a horse. The title was, "There's one in every crowd".