Author Topic: Diamond back pallets coming down a little harder than used to.  (Read 1315 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
I've noticed this week when our pallets/table comes down, there is a little rougher of a landing and it makes the smack down sound. I've adjusted the valve that controls the air on the way down to come down a little slower/softer, but it still doesn't seem to have that little cushion that it used to. Is that the lift/lower cylinder going bad or an adjustment, Anyone encounter this?
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Diamond back pallets coming down a little harder than used to.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 01:42:39 PM »
those do go bad and I have changed them, not on a diamondback, but several Gauntlets.  If adjusting doesn't work, sounds like it needs to be changed.  Just trade that thing in already!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Catnhat

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 01:59:17 PM »
Our Diamondback S was doing that early last year.  For us it was the lift compression spring (off contact spring) had broke.  Couldn't tell when the pallets were down if you just looked real quick.  Took the tech over the phone about 10 min. to pinpoint it.  Simple enough to change out once I was walked through it. 

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
At the bottom (and top) of the lift cylinder there should be a screw or Allen head which adjusts the cushion. It may just need to be turned in and adjusted a little. Its a small valve that lets air out of the bottom portion of the cylinder to soften the end of stroke to stop the bang.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 04:12:28 PM »
At the bottom (and top) of the lift cylinder there should be a screw or Allen head which adjusts the cushion. It may just need to be turned in and adjusted a little. Its a small valve that lets air out of the bottom portion of the cylinder to soften the end of stroke to stop the bang.

Thanks again brother. Second time you've had the dead on fix. I checked the spring, other than a ton of grease it looked fine, saw your update, I didn't realize those other two adjustment screws were even there, I was just looking at the in and out on the valve. No more bang, all smooth. Thanks man!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 10:42:55 PM »

Would adjusting the top screw fix an aggressive/heavy lift-up of the pallets?

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 07:31:34 AM »
The speed of the cylinder is set by the flow control valves (if there are any) or the size of the valve. The cushion only takes place the last 3/4", about half the thickness of the end cap. Yes it should stop that sudden bang but when going up a bang could also be the reg bearings hitting the forks.

If you find it needs adjustment more and more often the seals are nearing the end of their service life. But I would assume it should last many many years.