Author Topic: Anyone's Accurip stop working after the last windows updates?  (Read 16003 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
That's the only thing I can think may have caused it, and also what accurip tech support thinks caused it. I'm getting the error 6900 which essentially means they think I'm trying to transfer the program to a different computer and haven't deactivated it yet on the old one. I'm still running Accurip on the same computer I have always had it on, but the windows update on the 14th may have done something?

Accurip, while quick to reply to my support ticket, is really not helping me FIX the issue. Why? Because they have a new version out now and no longer support the old version. So, my options after spending $500 on accurip less than 3 years ago, is to fork over another $150 to upgrade to black pearl to get SUPPORT back.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
Re: Anyone's Accurip stop working after the last windows updates?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 10:41:16 AM »
What version of Windows are you running?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:45:27 AM »
Don't let that nickle hold up that dollar.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 11:02:42 AM »
What version of Windows are you running?

Windows 7

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 11:04:36 AM »
Don't let that nickle hold up that dollar.

Yeah but when they say "Your ISP is having issues connecting to our old server", it kind of makes me wonder if upgrading is going to help? It will help them help me though $$

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Anyone's Accurip stop working after the last windows updates?
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 11:28:03 AM »
How about removing the updates? Windows let you remove individual updates specifically. You could do this systematically and figure out which is the offending culprit, And then restore the others.
This would also help prove or dis-prove your theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
Eh, if I take the time to uninstall the updates, which were windows security updates, I'll have wasted more than $149 worth of time so I'm just going to upgrade and hope it all works out.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »
Eh, if I take the time to uninstall the updates, which were windows security updates, I'll have wasted more than $149 worth of time so I'm just going to upgrade and hope it all works out.

A simple restore to a point before the updates wouldn't take long and would answer the question.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline UltraSeps

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 05:29:29 PM »
I'm surprised a Windows update (service pack, etc) would deactivate the software.  Usually only a full system upgrade will, such as going from Windows 7 to Windows 8 which Accurip might see as new computer and refuse to run.

I had similar issues with my UltraSeps licensing a while back and have since addressed it by adjusting the code of the licensing to be less sensitive to system updates in addition to being more forgiving when migrating to a new primary internal hard drive which seems to be a trend these days.

It should be quite easy for them to resolve this issue for you without having to pay for an upgrade.
Developer of UltraSeps and QuikSeps Color Separation Software. 
Oh yeah, I actually printed t-shirts too for over 30 years.
www.ultraseps.com   www.quikseps.com   www.customseps.com

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 10:56:16 AM »
I'm surprised a Windows update (service pack, etc) would deactivate the software.  Usually only a full system upgrade will, such as going from Windows 7 to Windows 8 which Accurip might see as new computer and refuse to run.

I had similar issues with my UltraSeps licensing a while back and have since addressed it by adjusting the code of the licensing to be less sensitive to system updates in addition to being more forgiving when migrating to a new primary internal hard drive which seems to be a trend these days.

It should be quite easy for them to resolve this issue for you without having to pay for an upgrade.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure that's what caused it, just speculation. The only other change was I added a 4G USB modem to the computer with its installation software for internet connection. Accurip needs the internet to verify licenses, who knows how often, and I was turning the modem off every night so it didn't leak unnecessary data.

I'm sure it would have been an easy fix...but I ended up just paying $150 for the upgrade to pearl which looks exactly the same as the previous version but with "dark" color theme instead of a normal window color.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 01:28:30 PM »

Yeah I'm not entirely sure that's what caused it, just speculation. The only other change was I added a 4G USB modem to the computer with its installation software for internet connection. Accurip needs the internet to verify licenses, who knows how often, and I was turning the modem off every night so it didn't leak unnecessary data.

I'm sure it would have been an easy fix...but I ended up just paying $150 for the upgrade to pearl which looks exactly the same as the previous version but with "dark" color theme instead of a normal window color.

I did notice that the newer versions of AR have features that were not available when I last tested it. Also, from what I understand, the calibration/linearization has more options. Now I have not done anything with it in last few years, so if your version was not that old, there might not be much that changed, but if it's 4-5 years old, it's better.

pierre

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sben763

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 08:24:50 PM »
Accurip 1.03 which was sold last year is now obsolete. If you try to move or something happens with the activation you have to upgrade.  The way they are forcing people to upgrade is poor business.  You could have purchase in November and they don't care.  This is happening a lot  so I am speculating they are going to shut the old activation off totally.  There is several threads on other forums about this. 

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 10:14:42 AM »
What !!

I have accurip 1.2 Build 39

And next week I change my old 2008 - 32bits computer to 64bits.

Hope this is a joke   :-\

I immediatly write to them and check with them I will have no issue or have to pay for anything !
www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »
It's not just windows. They're claiming no support for Mac Yosemite as well.  Swapped out to our backup 4800 today and AR would not generate it's driver consistently, really weird as it would print one page after a full restart...tech support says you have to pay $150.

Everything worked perfectly yesterday, no updates installed between.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 06:32:35 PM »
And that's why I'm feeling like jumping ship to Film Maker.

Anyone got a copy they want to sell? ;)