Author Topic: Anyone's Accurip stop working after the last windows updates?  (Read 16037 times)

Offline lrsbranding

• Verified/Junior
Re: Anyone's Accurip stop working after the last windows updates?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 07:15:21 PM »
I have Version 1.03 Build 4 and installed a crap load of updates and then upgraded from 7 to Windows 10. Accurip still works fine. Sigh of relief. I was telling my wife we would probably need to buy something new, but...not today.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 07:29:17 PM »
I have no problem paying for a bona fide upgrade and understand that as an OS advances there's a point where applications need an overhaul but this just feels like an arbitrary toll, there's no actual compatibility issue as evidenced by our months and months of running the software with the latest Mac OS. 

"black pearl" just looks like they removed features, maybe renamed a few and darkened the UI. 

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 07:35:19 PM »
they're probably getting ready to get bought out by someone like Ryonet, and are "generating revenue" to make them look better/more valuable.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 07:50:27 PM »
Isn't accurip already owned by them? They have been pushing accurip for years online

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 07:54:27 PM »
Isn't accurip already owned by them? They have been pushing accurip for years online

If that's the case, perhaps one of their people will step up to the plate and explain what's going on, but of course, merely pushing a product does not mean owning the company.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 09:24:03 AM »
I guess I just assumed because they have pushed it for so long, are the top result for "accurip" in google organic listings, youtube, etc.  It looks like they have paid for some kind of "highest level distributor" status, at least according to the accurip site: https://softwareforscreenprinters.com/u-s-resellers/ but they do not own it.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 10:29:35 PM »
To clarify, I put "black pearl", the upgrade Accurip on this evening and it does contain the dot gain linearization option. 

Not sure why others had it missing.  The "upgrade" is identical in every way I can see to the prior, just black GUI. 

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 10:22:33 AM »
To clarify, I put "black pearl", the upgrade Accurip on this evening and it does contain the dot gain linearization option. 

Not sure why others had it missing.  The "upgrade" is identical in every way I can see to the prior, just black GUI.

Yup, think they had to redo/change the licensing server software so they made it a "new version" of accurip. I understand software costs and updating hardware, but at least roll in SOMETHING new/different to show you're still developing the RIP.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 10:28:51 AM »
Sounds like somebody in the hacker world should develop a hack to the older accurip software to make it continue to work.

If you buy something, there's no reason why you should have to purchase a new license to keep it working just for the sake of buying a new license.  This wasn't a rental program, this was actual software.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 11:15:57 AM »
Yeah it sounds like they saw all the SaaS software and totally missed the core concept in imitating it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2015, 12:11:18 PM »
I'm using the trial version of Black Pearl right now I like it, but i'm going to try Film Maker next on trial version before I slap down 500 bucks for a program
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mikhwannoor

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016, 06:18:49 AM »
I'm using the trial version of Black Pearl right now I like it, but i'm going to try Film Maker next on trial version before I slap down 500 bucks for a program

How was the comparison between AccuRIP Black Pearl Vs Film Maker?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 09:40:45 AM »
I didn't use BP, but my understanding is it didn't change much from the original.

FM on the other hand has more settings than you will want to use, but you don't have to go in and use them if you don't want to.

Dollar for dollar I can't see the comparison.  AccuRIP should be at least half the price to be priced in comparison.  If you already own AccuRIP CAD Link offers a competitor upgrade price so you don't have to swing the full $500.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 10:18:53 AM »
The biggest selling point of Accurip was it's ability to use all of the carts for ink vs just a singe cart.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »
Accurip also supports more printers in the stock program, so if you are using larger format printers for film for posters or signs or whatever in addition to smaller format ones for shirts etc you don't have to purchase both versions (the FM XL version is $1300 bucks I think).