Author Topic: Index Print From Last Week  (Read 2174 times)

Offline LuxInks

Index Print From Last Week
« on: September 19, 2011, 02:38:16 PM »
I realized after getting home that this picture isn't that sharp, but it gives you an idea. We had printed this in the past 4-color process with a spot green and decided to give the index method a try on this. We're pretty happy with how it turned out. We used 7 colors on this and put it on 305 mesh. ( 2 yellows 2 greens 1 red 1 black and 1 brown). I remember reading somewhere on here that they use the same screens for all of their process work. We do the same. We use 305's and for 4-color process, we use 355.
We used plastisol on this and extended the inks pretty far as we're always trying to achieve the softest hand...we use a lot of water base. We were thinking of using water base on this one, but were lazy haha.
Anyways, what are some of you doing with index? I'd love to hear as we're always trying to improve, simplify, and get the best quality print as possible.
Enjoy your Sunday.
Paul

**Been trying to upload the photo, it's only a bit over 500kb and it won't allow me to do so. It says "Internal Error Try Again Later" Anyone know why? Thanks
www.luxinks.com
www.facebook.com/luxinks www.twitter.com/luxinks  Lux Inks 18900 Beach Blvd. Suite 110 Huntington Beach Calif. 92648 (949) 200.2923 
custom screen printing,contract screen printing,water base printing,discharge printing,flock,foil,apparel finishing,t-shirt printing

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Index Print From Last Week
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »
The max file size says 4048KB  but we all have had experiences where it's been right at that or very near and it still doesn't take it.

We have to take the rez down to a file size under 3500k or 3.5mb  (rounding).

If having more trouble, send it to me and I will get it posted here.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:56:45 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:06:55 PM »
as mentioned before, it is not the size of the file, but the size of the image. Scale it down to about 600x600 or so and it should work . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »
Pierre,

I realize you follow what it says but also know that a file dimentions  can be 600 x 600 pixels for both a 50 Rez file and a 800 Rez file. The pixels per inch change in physical size and is why 50 ppi will be very squared or segmented.  The 800 Rez file is going to be a much larger document but is still a 600x 600 document. I might be our of my head at the moment and can be thinking about this too hard.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 02:18:54 PM »
After testing file sizes, the max width and/or height of the file must be under 880 pixels in either direction and 72ppi image resolution (for viewing purposes is fine).