Author Topic: Color Mix C&Y?  (Read 1495 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Color Mix C&Y?
« on: June 02, 2015, 12:40:56 PM »
Need a little advice here, we are doing some white shirts left chest logo two color...the customer wants green and blue, but he art they brought in has yellow in it to, so I'm wondering can I use only two of the cymk colors by just using the C&Y to make the green.  I know I could use a royal blue and a yellow straight from plastisol and make something close to green any advice is good advice, I know tossing a yellow screen in there would be the simple answer.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Color Mix C&Y?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 01:00:43 PM »
Need a little advice here, we are doing some white shirts left chest logo two color...the customer wants green and blue, but he art they brought in has yellow in it to, so I'm wondering can I use only two of the cymk colors by just using the C&Y to make the green.  I know I could use a royal blue and a yellow straight from plastisol and make something close to green any advice is good advice, I know tossing a yellow screen in there would be the simple answer.

darryl

post the art.

some shades of green and blue can not be hit with 4CP inks. Your standard yellow and royal will give you different range, so between the two you should be able to make it work.

Convert the art to CMYK and delete the magenta and black channel. See what it looks like on the monitor. If it's close you are golden!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!