Author Topic: Plastisol Tranfers  (Read 1049 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Plastisol Tranfers
« on: June 02, 2015, 04:37:34 PM »
Hey any one do plastisol transfers or hot/split same thing I would think, I have an old client of our's that has went out into biz for themselves and ask us about doing transfers for them.  I told them I know of a bunch of places they could send out to which they do all ready, but would like to have some one that could do them locally  Pros/Cons if some of you do this kind of work or have done it before.  We do them for ourselves but have never thought about doing them for anyone else. :-\

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Plastisol Tranfers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 05:04:01 PM »
First thing darryl, all hot split transfers are plastisol, but not all plastisol transfers are hot split. There are also hot peel, and cold peel. Each leaves a different amount of ink behind on the paper, from hot split leaving about half to cold peel leaving none.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 05:16:03 PM »
We do them all the time. Use the Wilflex transfer additive and just mix it to whatever plastisol we are using. Seems to work just fine. Especially for inside custom tagging. Thats mainly what we use it for.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 05:23:19 PM »
These are super easy to print.  I do tons of them!  Normal plastisol with adhesive powder makes it brain dead easy.  Run them like you would anything else, only cure them at 200ish instead of 330 or whatever.  I prefer hot peel, but cold peel works better for some garments and leaves a more matte finish.  Never really messed with hot split...