Author Topic: Air compressor?  (Read 3807 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Air compressor?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »
It was DS, what did you expect. :)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 11:55:50 AM »
If you're running an auto with that compressor you will need a refridgerated air dryer. Often overlooked when upgrading but absolutely necessary.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 12:48:45 PM »
Holy crap-nuggets.  That is 30 minutes of my life I will never get back.

You are quite welcome :)
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 01:30:32 PM »
THAT GUY IS OFF HIS ROCKER! I hope he has small feet if he is going to jam them in his mouth over and over. The mannequin comment had me cracking up, nice one.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »
Off his rocker doesn't sum it up well enough.

There are no words.

;D

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 02:23:44 PM »
Off his rocker doesn't sum it up well enough.

There are no words.

;D

Couple sandwiches short of a picnic?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 02:34:26 PM »
Probably because he ate them.  Sorry, fat guy jokes are great.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 04:13:57 PM »
You guys are going jump down my back for saying this and I might even get kicked out of here, anyway I read the stuff over at DG and I have not been there in a long while, and I,m not defending Preston, but I remember him saying something about getting off topic when everyone was on his forum...not even going into the DG stuff thats you all"s stuff to play with or deal with.  Now my topic was about water in compressors and yes I got some good answers, thanks, but one little comment got this hold thing off topic...come on guys let that old trash stay over there...this is a really good forum for screenprint info, yes I know if I don't like it here I can leave and I might have hurt any chances of any more of my topics getting answered.  Hey if any of you want to blast me pm me, I don't want this thread closed or start a back and forth war. :-X

Ps  draining the water daily is really a good idea saving the air dryer some trouble makes since, never really thought about it working so hard.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:16:48 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 04:16:10 PM »
Darryl, you're right.  But as far as some of our topics go, this one stayed on course fairly well.

Air compressor water>weaking of the tank metal>killer machine>printex/DS posts.  Pretty easy to see how we got here. ;)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »
You guys are going jump down my back for saying this and I might even get kicked out of here, anyway I read the stuff over at DG and I have not been there in a long while, and I,m not defending Preston, but I remember him saying something about getting off topic when everyone was on his forum...not even going into the DG stuff thats you all"s stuff to play with or deal with.  Now my topic was about water in compressors and yes I got some good answers, thanks, but one little comment got this hold thing off topic...come on guys let that old trash stay over there...this is a really good forum for screenprint info, yes I know if I don't like it here I can leave and I might have hurt any chances of any more of my topics getting answered.  Hey if any of you want to blast me pm me, I don't want this thread closed or start a back and forth war. :-X

Ps  draining the water daily is really a good idea saving the air dryer some trouble makes since, never really thought about it working so hard.

I don't think there is any reason to get so bent out of shape over this stuff.  Almost all forums (at least any that are any fun) go off topic now and then, its not regular here so I wouldn't get so upset about it man.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »
D, I leave a small leak in my valve at the bottom of the tank... it will leak down to nothing and have to run a while before the compressor kicks off. I worked with air tool quite a bit in my construction days and can tell you from experience you do not want moisture in your equipment. If it will set up a grinder that turns over 2000 rpm then imagine what it will do to our Auto's even though we have a dryer installed I leave the valve cracked always. That is just me plus we live in a HUMID area :)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »
Scott your right we are in a hot area I never think about that stuff until the press sounds funny LOL.  I thought checking every 2 or 3 months was good , but I see I,m dead wrong.
@ Brandt I,m not mad or bent out of shape in no way...just spouting off LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 08:39:10 PM »
How much of a crack are we talking about?

Kate Moss crack or Kim Kardashian crack?

Seriously though... I leave my compressor in auto mode all day/night.  Are we talking about enough to have it kicking on and off all day/night?

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 10:10:49 AM »
Can anyone pm a link to that thread over there. I wanna show my coworker the hilarity. Thanks

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »
They flushed that toilet the other day. The turds that were floating around have gone down the drain.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin