Author Topic: Off-Press-Pallet Paper Changing System  (Read 7940 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Off-Press-Pallet Paper Changing System
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 12:34:52 PM »
I'll give Action all the credit in the world for thinking ahead, I can see this being used in large shops and a few I want it shops because everyone one else has one, but for us I just start my tape at the back of the pallet and roll to the front and cut fold and done...dam I'm always doing something wrong :'(

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 01:57:12 PM »
How about one of these gizmos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZJ50Fjfhw
http://www.image1impact.com/pro-roll-tape-applicators
mooseman

That looks nice and for $165.71, its will worth it. That's for a 24 inch roller.

Here is a link to a place selling it.
http://www.walkerwide.com/product-p/ta24.htm

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »
That seems like a better idea. It actually helps in the application process of the tape and is versatile enough that you could use it on or off press.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »
Here's the roll holder I made a few years ago. The roll sat on top of the two rollers, with the paper leader feeding under the front one facing the cut vinyl sheet, or your pallet in the case we're speaking of. Clamp the bottom to a table. The two metal uprights were to keep the roll of paper from wanting to veer off one way or the other. As I mentioned before, the roller ends for the PVC came from McMaste-Carr. I think the pipe was 2". Made applying the transfer paper for cut sign vinyl easier to manage for one person.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 08:04:41 PM »
Applying the paper is the easy part. It takes seconds to put the paper on. It is the trimming that takes the time. I am all for innovation and trying to make something that will help out the industry. So with that said its just another piece of equipment that is on the floor in the way once the cool new tool factor wears off. Hats off though for thinking outside the box.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2015, 09:41:30 PM »
Here's the roll holder I made a few years ago. The roll sat on top of the two rollers, with the paper leader feeding under the front one facing the cut vinyl sheet, or your pallet in the case we're speaking of. Clamp the bottom to a table. The two metal uprights were to keep the roll of paper from wanting to veer off one way or the other. As I mentioned before, the roller ends for the PVC came from McMaste-Carr. I think the pipe was 2". Made applying the transfer paper for cut sign vinyl easier to manage for one person.
Damn...wish I knew that a couple of years ago, I bought one for our vinyl work paid about $80.00 for a metal double roller.
If I knew there were PVC roller ends I would have had another excuse to wander back into the wood shop.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.