Author Topic: E-Stop botton dumb idea  (Read 6945 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
E-Stop botton dumb idea
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:34:20 PM »
Ok I was reading all the junk about the E-stop button never use it before had no reason, so today while printing an order just to see what all the deal was I hit it.  Well I learned a very good lesson, its means exactly what it sez, emergency stop, and is nothing to play around with.
Press stopped dead in its track and lock up as the table hung up on top of the indexer, had to get a prybar and lift the table just a bit so the indexer would index back.  Well if your using the E-stop to stop your machine for missed shirts your asking for trouble somehow someway (on my press anyway) not a good idea.  I will stay with my skip shirt button or hit my saftey bar which stops the machine without any problems and leave that DAM!!!E-stop alone unless I really have the need for it.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: E-Stop botton dumb idea
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »
Ok I was reading all the junk about the E-stop button never use it before had no reason, so today while printing an order just to see what all the deal was I hit it.  Well I learned a very good lesson, its means exactly what it sez, emergency stop, and is nothing to play around with.
Press stopped dead in its track and lock up as the table hung up on top of the indexer, had to get a prybar and lift the table just a bit so the indexer would index back.  Well if your using the E-stop to stop your machine for missed shirts your asking for trouble somehow someway (on my press anyway) not a good idea.  I will stay with my skip shirt button or hit my saftey bar which stops the machine without any problems and leave that DAM!!!E-stop alone unless I really have the need for it.

Darryl

On ours if I hit it, and I have due to a dumb employee I push it back in and start right back up. We run an older M&R. What are you running?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:46:02 PM »

Darryl

On ours if I hit it, and I have due to a dumb employee I push it back in and start right back up. We run an older M&R. What are you running?

Anatol Horizon Mini

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »

Darryl
Maybe Brannon can chime in but if thats the case thats bad engineering. The machine should immediately dump air and most electrical functions. Can't remember if my Trident or Vindicator did this.

Anatol Horizon Mini

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 12:59:59 PM »
Tony it did dump the air it just dumped in a spot were it it hung on top of the indexer

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 01:16:51 PM »

Darryl

But wait, it didn't break?  I thought the know it all on the other site side it breaking is a feature and none of us know what we are talking about?  LOL.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 01:21:36 PM »
I did our e-stop the day all that blew up over there and I won't do it again for no reason.  It's an abrupt stop on a servo indexer and although nothing was damaged, it looks and sounds like hell is breaking loose.  I didn't have to get a prybar out or anything though, our press was free and acted like it does when there is no power to the machine.  I looked it over really well and our servo is different than most and we don't use a capture fork for the contact point between the servo and carousel, it's a hardened pin that fits into the carousel.  Our pin could bend or break in much the same way the capture fork did on that machine if enough force was applied.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 01:23:12 PM »
I did our e-stop the day all that blew up over there and I won't do it again for no reason.  It's an abrupt stop on a servo indexer and although nothing was damaged, it looks and sounds like hell is breaking loose.  I didn't have to get a prybar out or anything though, our press was free and acted like it does when there is no power to the machine.  I looked it over really well and our servo is different than most and we don't use a capture Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge for the contact point between the servo and carousel, it's a hardened pin that fits into the carousel.  Our pin could bend or break in much the same way the capture Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge did on that machine if enough force was applied.

EDIT:  Seriously, "unlawful carnal knowledge"?  WTF did that replace, I can't even remember what I tried to type?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 01:29:08 PM »
well f o r k me
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:46:25 PM by alan802 »

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
Yeah... Sounds like you hit E-Stop while the table was up, and the indexer was returning to the home position. Sounds the table dropped and the index bearing landed on top of the capture fork. The table will drop faster than the indexer will fall into free wheel, so some times it will land in this position. I have found that you can usually pull the table into the fork, but it depends on how it lands?? The E-Stop does exactly what it is suppose to.... All air dumps, and everything drops right where it is (On an air drive machine).... On an Anatol, the emergency stop should be used for just that... Emergencies. On the plus side it won’t break anything lol, but if it is just a miss-loaded shirt, use the skip shirt, stop button, or safety bar. This allows the press to finish its current cycle, without landing in any awkward positions  ;D

Note... I believe if the press is in mid index, and a safety bar is hit, it acts like the E-Stop button. If the press is in mid print, and the safety bar is hit, it finishes the cycle?? Maybe Darryl can confirm this?
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 01:35:58 PM »
freak
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 01:36:48 PM »
Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

F O R K

spoon

knife

spork

Nope only seems to be F O R K
"No man is an island"

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »
I thought if I put it in quotes it wouldn't replace it but now my post looks even more ridiculous.  Fork.  fork.  fOrK

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 01:45:08 PM »
Oh hell, nevermind

Padding my post count now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:48:41 PM by alan802 »

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 01:58:52 PM »
Yeah... Sounds like you hit E-Stop while the table was up, and the indexer was returning to the home position. Sounds the table dropped and the index bearing landed on top of the capture Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. The table will drop faster than the indexer will fall into free wheel, so some times it will land in this position. I have found that you can usually pull the table into the Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, but it depends on how it lands?? The E-Stop does exactly what it is suppose to.... All air dumps, and everything drops right where it is (On an air drive machine).... On an Anatol, the emergency stop should be used for just that... Emergencies. On the plus side it won’t break anything lol, but if it is just a miss-loaded shirt, use the skip shirt, stop button, or safety bar. This allows the press to finish its current cycle, without landing in any awkward positions  ;D

Note... I believe if the press is in mid index, and a safety bar is hit, it acts like the E-Stop button. If the press is in mid print, and the safety bar is hit, it finishes the cycle?? Maybe Darryl can confirm this?

Brannon is correct the safety bar acts like an E-Stop at least on the Anatols I had up North.
And everyone stop hitting those things just to see what happens!
Happy Friday