Author Topic: Underbasing plastisol with discharge inks, how to get started  (Read 3572 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Underbasing plastisol with discharge inks, how to get started
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »
better halftones in low/high ranges probably.  For DC that isn't a high opacity white the 225S performs pretty well.  I use it all the time for straight base tonal work and most colors on low runs on garments that discharge well where I am using halftones.

Offline acescreen

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 10:19:34 PM »
Whenever we print a DC underbase we always flash and then print top colors as if we were printing on a standard white base. Has worked well for us so far. I would think printing, plastisol colors on a wet DC base would make for some headaches. Here is a link to our Instagram of a 4 color job we did today, CCI DC base with 20% Dwhite

https://instagram.com/p/7LQ1ECIA2w/?taken-by=acescreengraphics

Just noticed it does not show but we did flash after the DC base and we also flashed after the tan and brown went down.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 05:47:58 AM »
Whenever we print a DC underbase we always flash and then print top colors as if we were printing on a standard white base. Has worked well for us so far. I would think printing, plastisol colors on a wet DC base would make for some headaches. Here is a link to our Instagram of a 4 color job we did today, CCI DC base with 20% Dwhite

https://instagram.com/p/7LQ1ECIA2w/?taken-by=acescreengraphics

Just noticed it does not show but we did flash after the DC base and we also flashed after the tan and brown went down.
We did some testing recently with plastisol inks on top of a wet discharge base. Worked OK, but the print after curing seemed to be a bit more stiff and not as stretchable as when curing the base first under the flash. Apart from that there was not any real problem.