Author Topic: Printing on sublimated Badger performance wear  (Read 2515 times)

Offline tlopina

Printing on sublimated Badger performance wear
« on: May 29, 2015, 11:39:56 AM »
Here are a couple of examples straight from the floor showing silicone, acrylic, and plastisol. Here at Badger we use silicone for the hand and drape. There are several other ink systems that work well in blocking the sublimated shirts. The key to success with all these systems is controlling flash times and dryer temperatures. We run several dozen jobs a day on the sublimated shirts so if you have issues, give me a call.

Tom Lopina
Print Manager - Badger Sportswear
1-704-871-0990 ext 235

Offline Rocky Bihl

• Verified/Junior
  • Technical Director / Formulator @ One Stroke Inks
Re: Printing on sublimated Badger performance wear
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 02:26:46 PM »
Glad to see you here on the shirt board. Believe me, I have seen and printed on a lot of Badgers various camo colors and designs the last few months! If you ever need any technical questions answered or have any ideas for custom formulations that might help in your printing operation, feel free to contact me. 
Rocky Bihl
Technical Director/Formulator
One Stroke Inks
502-366-1070 cell: 502-750-1111
rbihl@osinks.com

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 04:14:46 PM »
Please shed some light on why Silicone would be -More opaque the day after?
As in another post yesterday.

Thanks

Offline tlopina

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »
You have to think of silicone like you would if you were caulking the bathtub.....when you apply the caulk it's clear, you come back a few hours later and it's white. That is the biggest challenge in flashing and dryer temps. You want it to be dry enough to stack and box, but if you dry to quickly (hot) the ink will cross link before it becomes opaque.