Author Topic: All In 1 Hooper  (Read 2322 times)

Offline 1964GN

All In 1 Hooper
« on: July 23, 2015, 01:48:28 PM »
We just purchased one and are finding the location of the center of the design is to far away from the placket.

I used it for the first time yesterday on a one off men's Gildan 8800 XL left chest. Lining it up as instructed positioned the center of the design below the last button.

I moved it up one level (to the womens) which gave the correct height and did the sew out. While the height look good it was 5" to center off the placket which pushes it to close to the sleeve.

Lining up a Large as instructed gave the correct height but still 5" to center off the placket. Am I missing something here?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: All In 1 Hooper
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »
We just purchased one and are finding the location of the center of the design is to far away from the placket.

I used it for the first time yesterday on a one off men's Gildan 8800 XL left chest. Lining it up as instructed positioned the center of the design below the last button.

I moved it up one level (to the womens) which gave the correct height and did the sew out. While the height look good it was 5" to center off the placket which pushes it to close to the sleeve.

Lining up a Large as instructed gave the correct height but still 5" to center off the placket. Am I missing something here?

Yes because there is no substitute for using your eye and common sense to locate a logo.
the auto placement devices like the one you have and one or two others on the market make no allowance for different logo sizes , layouts and the general look on the shirt.
INHO without seeing the logo on the shirt it seems 5 inches off center is way too much unless you are on a 4Xl or 5XL garment.
the rule of thumb is offset = where the collar edge touches the shoulder at the top of the shirt.
Distance down is roughly 2/3 the width of the sleeve opening at the shirt body.
lay the garment flat throw down a paper print of the logo, use you eye and common sense to adjust as required mark the center with a piece of everyday chalk.  then throw the garments on your new hooper to speed the process of actually hooping the shirt to the center mark you made.
If you have a bunch of common sizes then re-set you hooper device to locate the logo where you eye and common sense defined it and then you can rock and roll on the balance of the same sizes. Reset for each new size and style.

It ain't rocket science BUT IT AIN"T AUTOMATIC like the hooping manufacturers tell you it is. ;)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 03:57:52 PM »
I've always wonder if it was worth the bucks to buy a hoopmaster, to this day I don't have one, I use a cut down old clipboard to hold my bottom hoop and underlay in place and just slide it under the shirt and eyeball and clam it down quick fast and cheap.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 06:17:59 PM »
we built this 12 years ago still works
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 07:47:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply's.

We know where the logo should be, it just isn't placing it there when you follow their instructions for placement on different sized garments. I understand that all garnets will be constructed a little differently but this thing is an inch off.

Being new to this game we were hoping it would give us placement consistency right out of the gate. It will do that, just needs to be adjusted.

We have a large shop very close to us that has 22 machines (forget how many heads) and the girl that runs it is going to help us get up to speed. They have a hooping board at each machine and she is going to get me the details on the set up.

Offline SteveS

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 09:30:50 AM »
We have the exact same unit and couldn't live without it. The instructions for placement markings were not as accurate as we like to have so we created our own guide and laminated those pages (one for each size, ladies and mens). It takes a little while to set it all up the way you like it but after it's done once, all we do is refer to our laminated page for the size we're working on and slam it in place and go. It's been a tool that has made things for us so much more efficient. Message me outside the thread and I will share more info about what we did. It will have to be during the week since I don't have access to those things at home on the weekends.

It's awesome for cap backs too. And sleeves.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »
Thanks, Steve. I'll shoot you a PM on Monday.