Author Topic: Need UPC Codes  (Read 938 times)

Offline Ross_S

Need UPC Codes
« on: July 24, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
One of my main customers has an upcoming job in which they normally supply us with the UPC codes from there customer.  This time around they want us to provide them.  Any one ever have to do this and who do you use to get them printed?  I'll have to run the pricing by my customer so I know I need something competitive but we will also need around 22k of them.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Need UPC Codes
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:00:02 PM »
We do UPC tags here daily..... If you need help just let me know
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:06:55 PM »
We use a printer from Zebra.  I think it was $500.  Installation is kind of difficult but once it's up it's good.  The rolls have 2000 stickers and run $75/ea I think.  It's also kind of a hassle getting the barcodes up and printing well and choosing the right barcode format.  Once it's up and running smooth, it prints really fast...like 100+ per minute.  We usually send one over to our customers to make sure it scans correctly before printing and stickering thousands.  We use UPC-A for our format.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 07:42:16 PM »
We use a Dymo 4 XL. Rolls of labels are like 8 bucks per thousand for 1.25 x 2.25. We order a dozen rolls at a time. Printer was like 179.00 on Amazon if I remember right and the software that comes with it will generate all kinds of barcodes and its pretty easy to use.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 07:58:50 PM »
www.houselabels.com sell me labels I use in my Brother QL-700...

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »
Thanks for the replies now I'm just waiting on a PO