Author Topic: Above Pocket Tips?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline 1964GN

Above Pocket Tips?
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:16:55 AM »
We'll, the first job is above the pocket :/

I am looking for tips and/or tricks for hooping. These are Port Authority button downs and will get embroidered over both left and right pockets. One is an American Flag about 4"w and the other is a logo (Custom lettering) about 4.5" wide. The pockets are a hair under 5" wide. Any tips for getting the bottom of each design the correct distance from the pocket?

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Above Pocket Tips?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:34:37 AM »
We'll, the first job is above the pocket :/

I am looking for tips and/or tricks for hooping. These are Port Authority button downs and will get embroidered over both left and right pockets. One is an American Flag about 4"w and the other is a logo (Custom lettering) about 4.5" wide. The pockets are a hair under 5" wide. Any tips for getting the bottom of each design the correct distance from the pocket?

Lasers.  we have a 4 'line' system from Binkspot that works awesome for this.

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 01:13:17 PM »
Lasers are the way to go. I have rigged stuff up that work, but if you can get a laser system that will help and a lot faster!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »
real easy...print your logo on a folder or similar card stock, cut the cardstock below the design at 1/2 or 3/4 inch and as wide as the pocket.
set the design over the pocket center it and mark the center of the logo with a spot of chalk.
get a thin rubber band and criss cross it on your hoop such that it crosses at  the  center of the hoop. Hoop your shirt with the intersection of the crossed band over the center mark of your logo mark.
lastly take a straight edge and lay it across your hoop parallel with some reference like the hoop edge, the hoop screws or other geography then  eyeball the edger to the pocket line...get them parallel by eye then sew away.
Once you have the cardboard template cut and marked it is lightning fast to get the logo dead nuts.
If this is all too confusing I can post some pics.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 07:15:31 AM »
real easy...print your logo on a folder or similar card stock, cut the cardstock below the design at 1/2 or 3/4 inch and as wide as the pocket.
set the design over the pocket center it and mark the center of the logo with a spot of chalk.
get a thin rubber band and criss cross it on your hoop such that it crosses at  the  center of the hoop. Hoop your shirt with the intersection of the crossed band over the center mark of your logo mark.
lastly take a straight edge and lay it across your hoop parallel with some reference like the hoop edge, the hoop screws or other geography then  eyeball the edger to the pocket line...get them parallel by eye then sew away.
Once you have the cardboard template cut and marked it is lightning fast to get the logo dead nuts.
If this is all too confusing I can post some pics.
mooseman

Awesome post. Thank you!

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 11:36:27 AM »
Holy cow, sorry I missed the embroidery part! Was thinking screening them.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk