Author Topic: Hi TSB New Member Hi  (Read 979 times)

Offline Translucent

Hi TSB New Member Hi
« on: August 02, 2015, 04:44:36 PM »
Hi everybody.  I'm sort of an amateur at this UV printing thing.  I've done some platinum prints and print-out paper, and I wanted to try my hand at polymer plate photogravure.  I just discovered that Starlight 2331 unit and thought it might be good for this.  And does anybody want to buy my NuArc 26-1KS?  I've had it for years but hardly ever used it, so it's basically new.  I just shudder from the noise and intense light, which is kind of World War Three style, but I suppose it's normal for this kind of thing.  So I basically have avoided it for years, which is unfortunate . . . .  Does anyone know the Starlight unit either?  Thanks very much . . . .  Oh, also I have a HP LaserJet 5000 the 11x17, that's been refurbished and works great, although I can't use it to make xerox transfers as I would wish, because the fusing temperature is just a little too high, and it is very difficult to dissolve the toner off of the paper once it's been printed.  So I think I wouldn't mind selling this either.  And, in fact, I have a Jobo rotary film and paper processor, too, that at this point although good is just taking up space.  I should probably find the part of this site that has "for sale" notices on it, and put this up again, so please forgive the double post.  Thank you.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Hi TSB New Member Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 04:52:28 PM »
How ya doin" Trans? Glad you found us, and only hope that you'll find some UV help here as we are obviously mostly concentrated on the shirt thing.

and, as you mentioned go and list your old exposure unit over in the private classifieds.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Translucent

Re: Hi TSB New Member Hi
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 09:13:37 PM »
Hi, Frog,

Thanks!  Nice to know you --

Trans