Author Topic: Sim Process Pricing 8/3  (Read 734 times)

Offline DCSP John

Sim Process Pricing 8/3
« on: August 03, 2015, 11:13:07 AM »
Hi Everyone..

QUik question on  your SIM PRO pricing...

Do you charge a flat fee for color separating and list as a separate line item? We charge at $15.00 per color.
Or, do you charge a flat Set Up Charge that includes art and screens?

Curious as to how others are charging for Sim Pro.

Thanks alot.

John @ DC Shirt & Print

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Sim Process Pricing 8/3
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 12:15:17 PM »
$20 per color for seps, rest is the same. If they want the print to be higher end we charge $75 per hour for sampling (usually 2-3 hours).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Sim Process Pricing 8/3
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 08:52:12 PM »
$15 per color, one time cost 

Rest of pricing is the same as normal.

+ any custom ink color mixes needed at $15 or 25 per mix, one time cost. 

We should probably be rolling in a couple color changes and a base amount of sampling time because every sim pro and process job requires at least one or two ink pulls and adjustments. 

Another thing we should be considering is the mesh costs are much higher to run these jobs.  330/30 screens like to break sooner than others and we use them almost exclusively for sim/process top colors. 

Toss in that some of our sim pro jobs run WB/DC and there's a lot of wiping out while making adjustments.

So I'd say Pierre's price per color is a better figure overall now that you made me think about it.   

If you think your clients would respond better to set cost and wanted to flat rate it I would maybe do something like 7 or 8 colors x cost per color + all that stuff above and anything else you can think of rolled in.   You'd have surplus pay on the lower color count jobs to make up for squeaking by on the larger color count ones.