Author Topic: Hiring Skilled Embroidery Machine Operators  (Read 1381 times)

Offline SteveS

Hiring Skilled Embroidery Machine Operators
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »
Is it just me or is it always so difficult to find competent, skilled embroidery machine operators that can hoop accurately and operate the equipment? We are always on the lookout for that right mix of skills and we never get what we want. I put ads on Craigslist, as well as other places and hardly get any hits. Graphic artists and printers seem to be easy to find but embroidery workers, not so much. I don't know if it's my area (North Houston), or if the good ones just stay where they are forever or what.

I'd be curious on what other shops are doing about finding good employees and what kind of compensation might draw good candidates in.

Anyone?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Hiring Skilled Embroidery Machine Operators
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »
Its so hard because the good ones all have jobs. We have tried CL with poor results. I say poor because of all the crap you have to weed through. Its almost easier to train a rookie than deal with the baggage of an experienced out of work operator.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »
I had a friend who had a rather large emb business around San Antoino they used labor from a bit more south with some success.
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline SteveS

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »
I had a friend who had a rather large emb business around San Antoino they used labor from a bit more south with some success.

Yeah, I hear  you. But I am a butt about doing EVERYTHING above board. No cash payments. I report everything. All employees are W-2. I am just scared of big brother coming in and catching me employing undocumented workers or whatever. I know shops in town are doing it all day, every day but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I have a friend going through issues with the IRS now because a family member (daughter) did the payroll deposits and, well......didn't make the deposits and cooked the books and stole the money for herself. They are in such deep caca with the IRS now. It's ruined their relationship with their daughter and now they're stuck paying all the back taxes, penalties and interest and have a red flag on their credit that is just flat reaking havoc on their life. They couldn't bring themselves to file charges on her and it was all because of a drug habit. It's pathetic to watch. Fortunately, he has a fabulous business and can make the huge installments to get it payed back but the IRS will agree to terms one day and then change it on them another. It's a nightmare.

Who wants to risk that? Not this guy >  8)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
Try indeed.  We found one of our operators there, 25yrs of experience. 

http://www.indeed.com/
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube