Author Topic: Diamondback - How many prints per hour  (Read 12115 times)

Offline jvieira

Diamondback - How many prints per hour
« on: August 08, 2015, 03:11:28 PM »
We run a Diamondback R-Series (8/6) and I was browsing the web and looking for literature with information about it so we can take better advantage of its features.

Already found some valuable information about revolver mode (even though will still need to figure out how to set it up) but one I was really interested to know is SPEED!

I feel we could push it SO much faster than we do right now. We're doing 15/20dz shirts an hour which is just not enough and I want to give my printer something to aim for in terms of speed. We're averaging 20dz on 1color jobs and 15/18 on any other type of job. One single operator running it.

Anyone with information regarding speed/averages?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Diamondback - How many prints per hour
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 03:41:26 PM »
Tell us your average mesh/stroke/print parameters please.

Also, how many Dozens per hour will it run with no print heads turned on at a 4 dwell?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 06:34:47 PM »
When we had our dback machine one operator we would print around 35 doz/hr..... If we were running a basic 1 color type job with a single stroke that would be around 40-45 doz/hr. I think for a single operator 35 doz/hr is a decent average to shoot for.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »
When we had our dback machine one operator we would print around 35 doz/hr..... If we were running a basic 1 color type job with a single stroke that would be around 40-45 doz/hr. I think for a single operator 35 doz/hr is a decent average to shoot for.

ditto
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline jvieira

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:31:52 PM »
let the improvement begin! thank you

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 09:09:27 PM »
We run a Diamondback R-Series (8/6) and I was browsing the web and looking for literature with information about it so we can take better advantage of its features.

Already found some valuable information about revolver mode (even though will still need to figure out how to set it up) but one I was really interested to know is SPEED!

I feel we could push it SO much faster than we do right now. We're doing 15/20dz shirts an hour which is just not enough and I want to give my printer something to aim for in terms of speed. We're averaging 20dz on 1color jobs and 15/18 on any other type of job. One single operator running it.

One easy way to improve your production numbers when the press is being run with a single operator, is to put your flash cure unit in one of the last heads and flash the garment before it reaches the unload station. Under normal conditions the press operator has to use a lot of care when taking a "wet" shirt off the unload station, before laying it out flat on the dryer belt, which takes "TIME!" 

Change up the scenario to have the operator working with a garment that's been tacked off under the flash, and they can load (throw) the shirt onto the dryer from 3' away and get focused on loading the next shirt to print. if your operator can't shorten their cycle time by 1 to 1.5 seconds per garment, at an improved quality level I'll bare my bum in Bourke Street! (This reference will make sense to any Aussies on TSB)

Good luck and keep us updated on your improved production numbers. 
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 09:56:24 PM »

One easy way to improve your production numbers when the press is being run with a single operator, is to put your flash cure unit in one of the last heads and flash the garment before it reaches the unload station. Under normal conditions the press operator has to use a lot of care when taking a "wet" shirt off the unload station, before laying it out flat on the dryer belt, which takes "TIME!" 

Change up the scenario to have the operator working with a garment that's been tacked off under the flash, and they can load (throw) the shirt onto the dryer from 3' away and get focused on loading the next shirt to print. if your operator can't shorten their cycle time by 1 to 1.5 seconds per garment, at an improved quality level I'll bare my bum in Bourke Street! (This reference will make sense to any Aussies on TSB)

Good luck and keep us updated on your improved production numbers.

Are you from Melbourne?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 11:01:17 PM »

[/quote]

Are you from Melbourne?

[/quote]

You are right on the money!  I was born and raised in Frankston, a bayside suburb of Melbourne that is about 25 miles / 40 KM's from the CBD.  I was wondering if anyone would pick up on the Bourke Street reference.  How did you make the connection with Melbourne?

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 11:33:58 PM »
Born and grew up in Sydney Now base in Indonesia.
I took a guess on Bourke Street because we don't have a famous street called Bourke Street in Sydney. ????

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 11:37:31 PM »
Born and grew up in Sydney Now base in Indonesia.
I took a guess on Bourke Street because we don't have a famous street called Bourke Street in Sydney. ????

Were you in the business when you were in Sydney, and if so what companies were you involved with?

I was working for TAS from 1986 thru 1995 and spent a lot of time up in Sydney in the day

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 11:41:48 PM »
I was a Wind Consultant Engineering. My specialty was Vibration analysis.
I moved to Indonesia because of my wife to run a factory.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 03:34:18 AM »

Interesting idea, will make sure to test that today as I have a couple hundred shirts to print. And yes, when I'm on the press that's one of the things taking the most time, especially on faster jobs.

I know we can improve on stroke speed too, will make sure to make a push for that

Offline jvieira

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 07:21:01 AM »
So, I was running the press this morning as fast as I could and got it to 20dz/hour. This was one color, two strokes. I then tried to go faster and set it up to one stroke only which increased speed to 34dz/hour.

It is definitely faster and in this job there was no difference in printing quality so I will definitely try that again.

QUESTION: Will giving it one stroke only get me in trouble with washing? I'm scared there might not be enough ink and being black (no underbase), fibers might pop out easier on wash.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 08:04:15 AM »
We can not answer the question about wash fastness until we know what mesh count/ink type/squeegee blade/fabric type/etc you are using :)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 09:34:32 AM »
We can not answer the question about wash fastness until we know what mesh count/ink type/squeegee blade/fabric type/etc you are using :)

I'm afraid i don't have all those informations, I just printed what my press operator prepared on friday.

Black plastisol ink on 100% cotton t-shirts. The blade is blue, I believe it is 70A. No idea on mesh count but it was just text, no detail