Author Topic: Dot size, angle, shape for 4clr process and simulated????  (Read 2278 times)

Offline acescreen

• Verified/Junior
Dot size, angle, shape for 4clr process and simulated????
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:36:45 PM »
What dot size, angles, and dot shape are you guys using for 4 color process and and simulated process jobs.
I've been doing the same thing for years, which is what I've learned from Scott Fresner's vids off Fast Films (T-seps).
I've got some good results on some jobs and not so good ones on others. Were always trying to improve so I'd like to know what you "Master" separators are doing on your film outputs.  Thanks for sharing guys!!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:40:57 PM by acescreen »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Dot size, angle, shape for 4clr process and simulated????
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 09:03:39 AM »
just about everything we do is 22.5, 55lpi and ellipse. On competition prints we'll vary stuff to compensate for the mesh interference, but daily production is 99.99% the same.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 09:26:29 AM »
just about everything we do is 22.5, 55lpi and ellipse. On competition prints we'll vary stuff to compensate for the mesh interference, but daily production is 99.99% the same.

pierre

Ditto, with exceptions when necessary.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:28:51 AM »
Same.

On occasion I will go up to 65 line if the customer and detail requires.

But 90%+ of our work is 55 lpi, 22.5 angle, elipse dot.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
Just about the same here as everyone else except I tend to do 50 lpi x 22.5 angle since I us more 230 mesh screens with an elipse dot.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline acescreen

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:05:24 PM »
I assume this is for simulated stuff what about your 4 color process on lights shirts?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:35:41 PM »
22.5 Degree

55-65 lpi art dependant.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 11:47:53 PM »
22.5 degrees as well, but I like pushing the limit and going up to 65 DPI sometimes. Not that we need to, ( 55 DPI is sufficient ) but it feels good to really nail a print :)