Author Topic: M&R Uni-Kote  (Read 1252 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
M&R Uni-Kote
« on: September 03, 2015, 09:57:24 PM »
I am interested in getting some opinions on the Uni-Kote.  Much like the CTS thread, is it worth the investment?  Those of you that have one (or another automatic coating system), do you feel it's worth the investment overall?  How many screens per day would you say justifies moving to automatic coating?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline zanegun08

Re: M&R Uni-Kote
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 10:05:02 PM »
Those of you that have one (or another automatic coating system), do you feel it's worth the investment overall?

https://youtu.be/H_7FzEtRQ5c

We have a digi-kote which does two screens at a time.  It is super rad and we have had it for years.  I personally like the idea of the Uni-Kote, I'm not sure the cost on them, but I think if it can cut labor, and also help control the variables that can be caused by manually coating screens it is worth it.

If I were to replace the digi-kote I would get a uni-kote because it is a smaller footprint, and can be just as efficient if you have an efficient person that multitasks rather than doing one thing at a time.

Do it if you can swing it, you wouldn't regret it.

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 10:22:30 PM »
It's not yet worth 15k to us, as we only have one guy coating screens. He can coat 50 screens in about 20 minutes. Now if we wanted to have a noob coat our screens...Unicoat would be the way to go.

Or if we wanted the exact same coat every time because we were being anal...then yea...but with only one guy doing it...its pretty damn close to the same every time!
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 10:52:33 PM »

I don't own one, but have already put it on my balance sheet to buy one ASAP
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services