Author Topic: Whats the largest Height on caps  (Read 1437 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Whats the largest Height on caps
« on: September 11, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »
Hey we have a not so great embroidery machine but it does most of what we do around here and the standard height on our machine for caps is 2" which sucks, what is the max on most machines?  I've been tinkering around with our machine today and I believe I hoodwinked it into believing it's sewing flats but really on a cap hoop to get to 2 1/4  height ;D

d
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Whats the largest Height on caps
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 07:05:37 AM »
Realistically that is about it 2 to 2.5 inches.
Think about it...you need some space above where the brim meets the cap lets say about 1/2 inch on the high side.
Then a 2 inch high logo
then some clearance for the presser foot within the cap frame, say 1/8 (real tight) at bottom
and lastly the cap frame itself
SOOOOOOO 1/2 in from the brim to the inside of the cap hoop/frame 1/8 in clearance for the presser foot, 2 1/4 in high design, you are just about at 3 inches
Couple this with the curvature of the cap style and you are pretty much there.

Here is a pretty good article the sews it up pretty well, pay special attention to the paragraph HOOPING CORRECTLY
http://impressions.issshows.com/commercial-embroidery/Cap-Embroidery-Made--3998.shtml
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.