Author Topic: National Exposure unit Vacum  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
National Exposure unit Vacum
« on: September 25, 2015, 08:25:29 PM »
I have an old National Exposure unit but the Blanket won't vacuum down completely. I am thinking I need a Gasket that is one piece to go completely around so that no air could leak out. Any ideas on this?

Offline abchung

• !!!
Re: National Exposure unit Vacum
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 08:28:13 AM »
we built our own exposure unit. We used the car door rubber seal. Works great for us.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline sben763

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 08:50:16 AM »
I have an old National Exposure unit but the Blanket won't vacuum down completely. I am thinking I need a Gasket that is one piece to go completely around so that no air could leak out. Any ideas on this?

Go to the home store get closed cell weather stripping 3/8"-1/2". I have the same unit and put 2 strips on the glass. One will contact with the lid the other just the blanket. I could only get 9-10 hg.  Now I am getting 17-20hg.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 11:20:39 AM »
Just order you some new gasket rubber, the stuff you can get at lowes or Home depot is not thick enough just a bandaid, you might try a auto parts store.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline sben763

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »
These units don't use a rubber gasket.  The actually depend on the blanket to the glass. So it doesn't take much to create a better seal.