Author Topic: Floriani Commercial Offers Press N Bond? Stabilizer  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Deborah Sexton

• Gonzo Member
Floriani Commercial Offers Press N Bond? Stabilizer
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »

Adhering patches, appliqu?s, emblems, and embroideries just got a lot easier with a great product offered by Floriani Commercial Products called Press N Bond?. This versatile bonding material allows you to attach decorations and provide a secure enough bond that no stitching is necessary. Press N Bond? seals the back of the appliqu?, embroidery, or patch with a clear, highly fusible coating. You can launder or even dry-clean apparel with Press N Bond? and never have to worry about the decoration peeling or coming off. It can be used on cotton, polyester, poly-cotton blends, vinyl, and most other fabrics.

Press N Bond is so easy to use. Simply trace or print the reverse image on the paper side of Press N Bond and cut the shape to size. Using an iron temperature of at least 260 degrees, fuse the material to the back of the fabric, patch, or embroidery. Hold pressure for at least four seconds and once cooled, peel back the release paper. Position the decoration on the base material and press from the fabric side at the same iron temperature and hold for four seconds. If you find you are not getting a good bond, it means your iron is not hot enough to fully melt the adhesive. Try again after increasing the iron?s temperature. Press N Bond comes in a package of 30 8 ?- by-11 inch sheets and 48 inches by 10-yard roll. 

For more information about Floriani Commercial Product?s full line of stabilizers, threads, and more, go to www.florianicommercial.com. To contact Steve Coakley, call  865-549-5115; fax: 865-549-5116; or e-mail: steve@florianicommercial.com.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Floriani Commercial Offers Press N Bond? Stabilizer
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:28:07 AM »
I was just thinking about something like this the other day!
It would let us (screenprinters) do something that resembles and applique without need an embroidery or sewing machine.
I have a hoodie with something like it and have been getting comments on how cool it is!
gotta think about how to take advantage of it. . .
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!