Author Topic: How big do you print?  (Read 4792 times)

Online 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How big do you print?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 02:53:19 PM »
With those large size 15x17 or higher I would think that you all don't do any kid shirts or ladies shirts unless you set up different screens for those.  Our standard print size is 12 x 12, but we adjust for a larger size print 13 x 14 or a tad larger if we are doing all adult shirts, we only have a few custy that want really big prints and will pay to have smaller print for kid shirts.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2015, 03:45:05 PM »
With those large size 15x17 or higher I would think that you all don't do any kid shirts or ladies shirts unless you set up different screens for those.  Our standard print size is 12 x 12, but we adjust for a larger size print 13 x 14 or a tad larger if we are doing all adult shirts, we only have a few custy that want really big prints and will pay to have smaller print for kid shirts.

Kids shirts down to med in most cases, can do small but not a fan. Only do that when a customer has a bulk of adults and just has a couple kids garments they are trying to satisfy and no screens could be justified and/or nobody wants adult print smaller just to deal with 4 kids shirts.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2015, 03:52:05 PM »
Our standard size covers up to 13" x 18" and we print that all the time.   Oversized is 15" x 21" and we print those often too.  Like Mimosa, it's a lot of "as big as possible".

"Can I get that on a kid's shirt? I have a 2 year old..."

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »

With the large print we did the other day, they also wanted ladies extra small, and kids, so it was 2 - 6 color runs, one of 300, the smaller was 90. So long as they understand and are willing to pay. We normally recommend an 11 inch print for the front width, but we will do what we're asked, and a 12" width for the backs, same thing, we can do the larger. But we've only done 2 oversized jobs this year, just very little call.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline starchild

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2015, 03:57:21 PM »
My max sizes are 12x12 and I push to 13x14..  1-4 colors max, most runs no flash.. Rinse and repeat..

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 04:53:02 PM »
For the mixed orders I either size down or they pay for two setups.  On occasion I have done a transfer of some type instead of the double setup when it made the most sense for them.  I basically give people the options and they tell me what works for them.  I actually do a lot of kids stuff, and you'd be surprised what "fits" on a kids small Gildan.  Whether it looks good or not though is up to the customer... :D  Most women's shirts are pretty much the same length as men's, just narrower.  Again, a lot of jobs are sized to the absolute max that will fit on the smallest shirt, and I definitely think it looks out of place a lot of the time, but I leave that up to the customer and simply suggest what I think professionally.  Ultimately it is up to them.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 05:31:01 PM »
ALMOST every time I push my average max of 12.5 W x 14 H, the customer will come back with a handful of shirts that are too small.

I can go oversized (and WAAAY oversized with a one color job), but I often end up getting bit.

On the manual, I'll push that a little (maybe 13 or 14 wide x 16 tall) but I get cranky.

Once in a while, we print a left side print that is say 5" wide by 22 tall. That is manual only. (See *cranky* comments above.)

We just aren't set up for all over sized printing.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 10:17:59 PM »
For standard prints for us is anything 14*18 and smaller. We have done a few all over the front(sleeves included) prints, but the first time it really bit me in the ass. I thought/assumed/being stupid and found out the day before the pallets we had were smaller that I thought! :-[
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 07:58:48 AM »
15 x 15 is advertised print size but we can cheat a little on our 23 x 31 standard size screens. 
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 08:53:35 AM »
We never go over 12x13. When we design something large most ask if it can be smaller. Go figure.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »
Most everything we print is a max of 14" wide and 14 to 15 tall. We go a little larger sometimes but not often.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 10:23:56 AM »
14" x 16.5" standard
16.5" x 22" oversize

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 11:00:18 AM »
15x18 or some such.  I'll gladly let our competitors do all the oversized jobs and I doubt I'll ever relent on that offer.  I guess if a shop did A LOT of oversized stuff and had become very good at it then you can make good money, but I know if we tried to get into it we'd get slaughtered.  We don't have that many customers asking for larger than we can print for the most part, some might ask if we can do something then after we tell them how large we print we end up printing the job at our max.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Online 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »
Good thing about doing smaller print's like we do 12X12 / 13x14 is less ink used

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline IntegriTees

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2015, 10:02:10 PM »
Standard size is 12x14. I find that i can print wider than 12 inches on some adult small screen in the fashion cuts. And they barely fit on the your small in a gildan. Only 14 inches tall until I get my new G3 next month