Author Topic: Air conditioner/dehumidifier  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Air conditioner/dehumidifier
« on: October 03, 2015, 12:48:24 AM »
i am thinking of putting a air conditioner into our screen drying room.
This will control the temp but will it also control the humidity or will I need a seperate dehumidifier?
Anybody have experience with this?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline abchung

• !!!
Re: Air conditioner/dehumidifier
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 01:25:12 AM »
i am thinking of putting a air conditioner into our screen drying room.
This will control the temp but will it also control the humidity or will I need a seperate dehumidifier?
Anybody have experience with this?
I divided my 5m by 5m room into 2 section. One for drying and the other for exposure.
The drying room is about 2m by 5m air tight with a 2 horse power air conditioner, air filter, and fans.
The good thing about the air conditioner in my part of the world is, it keeps everything below 30 Celsius as recommended by the emulsion manufacturer and humidity around 40%

Screens dry within 4 hours with no stickiness, considering outside humidity is above 70%@ 30 something Celsius.

I wanted to air tight the whole room but it was hard to breath.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline jvieira

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 07:46:19 AM »
I looked into an air conditioner for our DTG machine (temperatures are always high in that room) but one of the side effects was humidity. Air conditioner has a built in dehumidifier so it will work for your intentions.

If your objective is to dry screens faster, won't you still have problems with dust and non filtered air? That's our main problem atm and the reason we're considering the purchase of a drying cabinet.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 07:50:29 AM »
I want to build a room that will used solely for drying screens, if we keep it clean we should not have dust problems.
We do have problems with high temp and humidity.
They also don't sell cheap dehumidifiers here.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 08:51:24 AM »
I built a room that is 8x10 feet in the corner of my screen room which is about 16x18. In Texas the heat and humidity were causing all kinds of issues for me too. I put a little 5000btu window unit AC in the wall in a corner of that room and also a 40pint dehumidifier inside the room. It keeps the room at 80 to 85 degrees and under 40% humidity 100% of the time. The humidifier heats the room a bit and the AC cools it off. Wen it is colder than 80 degrees outside the AC shuts off and the dehumifier keeps it warm. It actually works really well. Have to empty the dehumidifier about twice a week, sometimes more. The room is airtight with weather stripping around the door and the hole for the AC. Dust hasn't been an issue at all.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
I have a PTAC wall unit, like you often see in hotel rooms, that offers heat or A/C. Along with that I have an industrial dehumidifier. I coat, store, image and expose all in the same room.Control temperature with the PTAC unit and it also dehumidifies, and the dehumidifier has a set point on it. My screens are decent.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 12:54:28 AM »
What is the cost of an industrial humidifier?
Maybe I can import one from the USA
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 09:17:52 AM »
http://editorsean.com/articles/dehumidifier-frequently-asked-questions/

The last paragraph is interesting on AC as a dehumidifier.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »
My 40 pint was 20 bucks on craigslist. New they are 200 or so u think.