Author Topic: I just want to spend money  (Read 18347 times)

Offline Appstro

I just want to spend money
« on: October 17, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »
I have tried for a week now to buy a Kruzer affordably. I am trying to save a little money. Is there anyone outside California that will sell me a new Kruzer without sales tax? Is there anyone in California that will sell me a Kruzer without shipping added to the cost? Does anyone have one in stock so I don't have to wait 3-4 weeks for manufacturing? I am in San Diego and can drive to LA to pick up if it means saving $3-400.00  The Kruzer lists for $2945.00, then crating brings it up to $3110.00, then sales tax brings it to about $3350.00, then shipping brings it to about $3650.00.

Suggestion for M&R: Allow people to purchase your smaller presses directly from you on the site and you can avoid alot of LOST sales. I am about to go elsewhere because finding someone to buy from quickly is difficult at best. All the dealer links in California on your site are pointless. They either end up being a page that reads "call for prices" OR they link back to the M&R site. Not helpful. When I call I get an answering service. I did get through to Nazdar but I do not want to wait 4 weeks and pay $3650.00 if I can save a little. Other than Nazdar I have had little luck. I even spoke with a guy yesterday who said " Oh yeah I am on this and I will call you right back." No call back.

I Just want to spend my money on a great press with an amazing reputation.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: I just want to spend money
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 11:53:21 AM »
If 300 or 400 or even 600 is such a difference to you perhaps you should not be in business...

As far as shipping, if a dealer has one in stock I figure they have already paid the shipping and will add to the 2,950.00 anyway....As far as the taxes, if they have to be paid they have to be paid.....

So best to just get on with it......You can make that extra money back very quickly if you just quit "dicking" around....Good luck....

Offline Appstro

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »
Well since $600.00 obviously doesn't matter to you perhaps you can give it to me and then it's no problem. :)
Your an ass.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 12:12:12 PM »

Offline Appstro

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »
I am sure that most people buying the Kruzer will be just like me and wanting to save money. I don't know many people who don't care about $600.00 Hell most of my customers care about paying even a $1.00 more per shirt. I am just looking for a faster solution and the possibility of saving money here. The presses take 3-4 weeks to arrive. That a bummer and if that's the only option then I may go elsewhere.

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 12:25:54 PM »
Got mine in 2 days.

No sales tax because in our state there is no tax on production equipment.

Our state is business and gun friendly! 8)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 12:27:02 PM »
Yes also care about 600.00....But I also try to be practical.....If you can get a press today, you can make the 600.00 back in the time you are waiting....

As far as not being willing to wait...Surely 3 or 4 weeks should not move you off the press you really want to buy...As the saying go, "good things come to those who wait"....

PS....There appears to be a couple on Craigslist right now....How far are you from Abilene?...Just kidding....

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 12:28:14 PM »
Got mine in 2 days.

No sales tax because in our state there is no tax on production equipment.

Our state is business and gun friendly! 8)

What matters is the tax implications in CA....Even if they buy out of state, if the tax is due in CA it still must be paid in CA...

Offline Appstro

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »
Yes legally you must claim a purchase out of state but....nobody does that. For the short term alot of purchases out of CA go unclaimed and I have no problem admitting that if a vendor wants to sell me a press then well.....I might! :)

Looks like I will just have to pay the $3650.00 for a excellent press and wait a month for it to get here. I saw the $2945.00 price tag and was taken back by the other costs because I was comparing it to the Ranar press ( around the same price)  which had free shipping and ships from Arizona ( no sales tax).

Sorry I called you an ass, just finishing coffee here and was hoping for something gentler! :) I get it. I do need toquit dickin' around. :)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 12:35:46 PM »
Sorry I called you an ass, just finishing coffee here and was hoping for something gentler! :) I get it. I do need toquit dickin' around. :)

Thanks...No worries....I just call it like I see it.....Good luck...

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »
Thank goodness that our Board of Equalization doesn't read forums like this. (Use tax is asked about on one's quarterly or monthly sales tax remittance form) A web crawler tuned into terms like "tax" could make them some bucks!
We've had newbies on various boards over the years all but brag about paying no income or sales taxes without ever giving thought to admitting to a crime in public.

btw, it's not like the state can't use the taxes. We've an infrastructure here a tad bigger than that of CrazyMike's Hoosier state!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Appstro

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 01:26:24 PM »
True. Some of us are surely guilty buying something online out of state because it was cheaper due to no sales tax. I DID say "maybe". :)  I of course claim all USE tax and even proceeds from yard sales just like everyone else :)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 01:56:10 PM »
In Royster's defense, and I know it was all settled, but $600 is a fair amount to an individual, but to a business, unless it's a lemonade stand, it shouldn't seem like a big deal. I get your side of course, as I always try to save, but screwing with the tax man ain't one of them. Freight is freight, pay it. In the time it would take you to go from San Diego to LA and back, you should be able to print that much. I've bought many a used press, and if they are in good shape, then they are great money makers for you. Lastly, if your customers are crying over a dollar, try to move up to customers that don't cry over it, if fact, will pay for your quality and service. Good luck brother, I've been exactly where you are...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Appstro

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 02:01:58 PM »
Thanks guys. My business is only 3 years old and am starting screen printing really small. I used a Ryonet Silver Press now for a year and looking to move up to something permanent. Even if it ends up being a sample press later, I don't want to buy another one. The M&R seems to be the way to go. Every dollar matters to me.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »
Thanks guys. My business is only 3 years old and am starting screen printing really small. I used a Ryonet Silver Press now for a year and looking to move up to something permanent. Even if it ends up being a sample press later, I don't want to buy another one. The M&R seems to be the way to go. Every dollar matters to me.
The state of California visits us here at M&R on a quarterly basis and does an audit of every invoice shipped to the state. If taxes are not collected by us we must pay them. The Kruzer is scheduled for a price increase at the end of November so ordering now will save you money. We don't take 4 weeks to ship a manual press. It's usually more like two. If you would pm me with who you spoke to at M&R who did not return your call I will be sure to take care of it.
Rich Hoffman