Author Topic: I just want to spend money  (Read 18266 times)

Offline Appstro

Re: I just want to spend money
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 02:21:36 PM »
Who is the regional sales manager for Southern California? That's him.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 02:24:53 PM by Appstro »

Offline Appstro

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 02:26:38 PM »
Well I guess I will just proceed with Nazdar and pay the crate, shipping, sales tax and whatever charges may occur. :) Hopefully it will be only 2 weeks. Nazdar was saying 3-4.  Whatevs.

Offline Northland

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »
?? have you checked to see if California has a "Capital Equipment" sales tax refund, for equipment used in manufacturing ?
In Minnesota, we pay the sales tax to the supplier, then file a form ST11 to get the sales tax refunded from the state.
It's a bit troublesome... but saved me $210 on the purchase of my Kruzer.

Anyway... you'll be happy with the press. It's easy to assemble, parallel and holds great registration (better than most entry presses).
I have really come to appreciate side screen clamps.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 03:06:26 PM »
we have the same deal in illinois.. can't remember the form #, but it saved us over 8k when we bought our new gear for the shop...

in our case, we just had to fill it out and give it to M&R before ordering and they didn't charge sales tax on our gear to us.

-J

Offline Appstro

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 03:13:19 PM »
I wish...California punished it's businesses and forces alot of them to move to Arizona :)
You should see our workers comp rates!

Onewithpez

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 04:29:19 PM »
Contact M&R directly, last I talked to one of their sales reps, they are in stock item so they can ship quick. Also it ships UPS so most for ground would be 3ish days. If you buy assembled, that is a different story.  I would also try calling to all of he local suppliers to see if they have an assembled floor model. It if you can wait, but one of the floor models this Jan at ISS.  They will probably sell a you an assembled model for the I assembled price and no shipping fees. Just drive a truck up. You may even call them before the show and ask about buying the floor model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 05:14:38 PM »
I wish...California punished it's businesses and forces alot of them to move to Arizona :)
You should see our workers comp rates!

This is bordering on getting political, (and will hence get split and moved to the Controversy Cage) but a lot of the whining and moaning I constantly hear about the the taxes and repressive business climate in California, and the grass being greener in Nevada or Texas or Arizona,  brings to mind those who point out that the parts for their Porsche cost way more than for their neighbor's Kia, and they are thinking of switching as well.
Bottom line is that many of us enjoy the benefits of California and prefer it to many of the other states, their lower costs notwithstanding.
Hell, I hear that in some parts of the country, you can get a three bedroom house for less than $300,000!
Granted, it's tougher to get started nowadays than it was thirty or forty years ago, but that's across the whole country.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Appstro

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 05:39:05 PM »
Contact M&R directly, last I talked to one of their sales reps, they are in stock item so they can ship quick. Also it ships UPS so most for ground would be 3ish days. If you buy assembled, that is a different story.  I would also try calling to all of he local suppliers to see if they have an assembled floor model. It if you can wait, but one of the floor models this Jan at ISS.  They will probably sell a you an assembled model for the I assembled price and no shipping fees. Just drive a truck up. You may even call them before the show and ask about buying the floor model.

This is what led me to post here. I did everything you just said. Called M&R. you cannot buy direct. They make everything to order and apparently do not stock the Kruzer. I was referred by M&R to an outside sales rep and I asked him if I could get one at ISS and he said maybe. They don't know what they are taking until about November or so. So IF they are taking alot which they probably are I can reserve one and yes I can avoid freight. They may not be assembled though. Just have to wait until November. The sales rep actually recommended letting him contact a guy in LA to see if he has one in stock and if so I may be able to drive up. He was going to call me back Friday and never did. I don't know how they expect to sell small presses.

You have to order one. Fill out a spec sheet for something that maybe has 2-3 options at most. mail in a deposit. Wait to be contacted for remaining balance once manufacturing will begin. Mail balance in. wait 3-4 weeks for delivery.Be contacted by freight company and arrange delivery time. Pay freight to delivery company once the item is delivered. AND THEN you can have your press. Too many steps. This is expected if you are ordering a 10 color auto. But for a 6 color manual. I should be able to do this online in 5 minutes. I should be able to order direct from M&R with no middle man. They are probably losing a bunch of possible sales due to the 10 step ordering process they have in place.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 05:42:47 PM by Appstro »

Onewithpez

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 06:09:15 PM »
Odd, I just talked to them at NBM Denver and they said they were in stock. And ready to ship the next day.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 06:12:42 PM »
Odd, I just talked to them at NBM Denver and they said they were in stock. And ready to ship the next day.

The factory is moving and very little is in stock at the moment. The move should be completed by January 1st.
Rich Hoffman

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 08:23:11 PM »

I should be able to order direct from M&R with no middle man. They are probably losing a bunch of possible sales due to the 10 step ordering process they have in place.

Word to the wise, barking up the tree on a "public" forum like this is not how to go about it.... Plus I imagine the guys at Nazdar would just love to hear all you have to do to cut them out of the pic is ask...

There are distributors out there for a reason. TYPICALLY to hold stock of things like this. I agree it is ridiculous that you can't find one in stock somewhere, but that also could be looked at as a good sign... If everyone had tons of them in stock and were unloading them, it MIGHT point to a dud of a product(I am in NO WAY insinuating that the Kruzer is that).
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 09:28:58 PM »

I should be able to order direct from M&R with no middle man. They are probably losing a bunch of possible sales due to the 10 step ordering process they have in place.

Word to the wise, barking up the tree on a "public" forum like this is not how to go about it.... Plus I imagine the guys at Nazdar would just love to hear all you have to do to cut them out of the pic is ask...

There are distributors out there for a reason. TYPICALLY to hold stock of things like this. I agree it is ridiculous that you can't find one in stock somewhere, but that also could be looked at as a good sign... If everyone had tons of them in stock and were unloading them, it MIGHT point to a dud of a product(I am in NO WAY insinuating that the Kruzer is that).

Words of Wisdom From TCT!
IMHO from a fellow North County San Diegeno, I might Suggest A Smoother Approach!
You Have Chosen A Fine Press From A Fine Company. Hell the owner said call him. Not Bad!
3-4 weeks is more than Reasonable In these times. NO manufacturing company, wants to stock
Merch at this time of year, most would like to sell through inventory so they are not stuck paying
high taxes to there state for inventory tax (December). They are also moving to a new location of which
they will also pay Inventory Tax on the New Factory. So they get double screwed this year! You seem to understand that concept. From my knowledge, the Factory Rep in So Cal is a pretty straight up guy, believe
me. I keep my ear to the ground and hear positive things! And the distributor, well I'd say they are pretty
solid themselves. They have been around the track, a time or two and also have a pretty darn good record. There is
also not a lot of "margin" on this or most screen print equipment, which is why the people involved, make the
decisions they have! Up in LA there is a ton of cheap equipment able to be had today. A Chinee or silver press
comes to mind. However BOTH will waste your money and time(most important). The screen print industry is
NOT in a growth pattern here in the USA, contrary to what the punk rocker sez on youtube, as well as an easy
get quick rich in your kitchen or bedroom.
Good Luck!
Winston

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 10:07:42 AM »
I have tried for a week now to buy a Kruzer affordably. I am trying to save a little money. Is there anyone outside California that will sell me a new Kruzer without sales tax? Is there anyone in California that will sell me a Kruzer without shipping added to the cost? Does anyone have one in stock so I don't have to wait 3-4 weeks for manufacturing? I am in San Diego and can drive to LA to pick up if it means saving $3-400.00  The Kruzer lists for $2945.00, then crating brings it up to $3110.00, then sales tax brings it to about $3350.00, then shipping brings it to about $3650.00.

Suggestion for M&R: Allow people to purchase your smaller presses directly from you on the site and you can avoid alot of LOST sales. I am about to go elsewhere because finding someone to buy from quickly is difficult at best. All the dealer links in California on your site are pointless. They either end up being a page that reads "call for prices" OR they link back to the M&R site. Not helpful. When I call I get an answering service. I did get through to Nazdar but I do not want to wait 4 weeks and pay $3650.00 if I can save a little. Other than Nazdar I have had little luck. I even spoke with a guy yesterday who said " Oh yeah I am on this and I will call you right back." No call back.

I Just want to spend my money on a great press with an amazing reputation.

Appstro:  Thanks for your interest in purchasing an M&R Kruzer 6 Color / 4 Station press from Nazdar SourceOne, and I'm sorry you’ve had some difficulty with this transaction.  I'd like to provide a little clarification on a couple of the points that you raised, and then confirm what we can do for you.  Firstly the Nazdar Company is a legitimate business that complies with all County, State and Federal Taxation requirements, and secondly M&R’s list price for the KRUZER 6/4 Press is $3,100 + Crating of $165 for the unassembled press.  The $2,945 price that you referenced already represents a 5% or $155 discount off M&R List price.  Since being launched in 2013 the M&R KRUZER 6/4 manual textile screen-printing press has provided a high quality piece of equipment that combines a unique combination of quality, performance, and price.  M&R’s strategy in developing and launching the KRUZER 6/4 press has been to offer a high quality and cost effective option to the screen-printing industry to meet the needs of an entry level shop looking to acquire a press for their primary production requirements, through to high volume shops needing a utility or sampling press. 

The fact is that neither M&R or their Dealers make a great profit from sales of the M&R KRUZER at the Introductory price of $3,100.  (*Hint:  It would not surprise me to see some future upward pricing pressure on the M&R KRUZER).  In recognition of the tight margins on the M&R KRUZER 6/4 Press Nazdar SourceOne has been working with several of our Manufacturer Supplier Partners to offer a short term promotion called KRUZE Into Savings that will provide customers who purchase the KRUZER 6/4 press from Nazdar at M&R’s $3,100 list price with a startup package of Screen Print Supply Items from leading industry manufacturers with an approximate $600 value.  You don’t need to be a Rocket Surgeon to do the math and see that the N/C supply package carries a value that is equivalent to a discount of almost 20% on the list price of the KRUZER Press.  The target is to finalize this promotion and launch it at the end of the month to coincide with the SGIA show in Atlanta.  We would have already finalized and launched the promotion except we have been working with one other Manufacturer Supplier Partner on an addition to the program that will make KRUZE into Savings an even bigger value.

Regarding your specific interest in purchasing a KRUZER 6/4 press at this time, it looks like you have already been offered a 5% discount from Nazdar SourceOne.  As I stated earlier we need to remain compliant with requirements to collect the applicable sales tax on the equipment sale, however there might be something that we can do to help with the freight expense from Illinois to Southern California. The Nazdar SourceOne facility in Chicago serves as a Distribution Hub for certain products shipped out to a number of our other locations to include the Garden Grove, CA facility.  It’s possible that we could arrange for our Chicago Local Delivery Truck to pick up a KRUZER or two at the M&R Chicago facility, and then consolidate it into a LTL Shipment out to the West Coast.  If we can make this happen I’ll cover the cost of the freight from IL, to CA, and if you want to drive up to Garden Grove to pick it up it would be freight free.  Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any interest in pursuing this option and I follow-up with our Operations Team.         
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015, 10:18:27 AM »
WOW just read through the whole thing... in business, any business it is not the money that kills you or makes you a success it is the mentality...the money simply follows suit ;)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2015, 10:33:38 AM »

just a clarification on this Alex. I was clarifying we do sell direct. This was not saying all he had to do was ask and we would cut the distributor out. That's not how it works.
Rich Hoffman