Author Topic: I just want to spend money  (Read 18343 times)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Re: I just want to spend money
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 12:00:17 PM »
As the saying goes, you have to spend money to make money.  Just buy the Kruzer. 
If you think $600 stings, wait until you're putting a deposit down on your first auto.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2015, 12:17:33 PM »
As the saying goes, you have to spend money to make money.  Just buy the Kruzer. 
If you think $600 stings, wait until you're putting a deposit down on your first auto.

Yeah, just ask the folks who put 90% down with a broker who then doesn't even deliver!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Appstro

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »
Thank you gentlemen for your replies and your time. I can seriously appreciate you taking time out of your hectic days, on a weekend no less, to respond here. I certainly did not expect the presidents of companies to be here! That is awesome.
I hope that you understand that I am not trying to cheat the system or be a cheap skate. I operate a 1 (one) man sign business in north county San Diego. I offer screen printing to many of my customers because it's a great add on to any sign job. I have been searching for an excellent screen press that I can afford for some time. Over a year now, I have been researching, and only recently became aware of the Kruzer. My comments about the effort required to buy one, are not out of ignorance or lack of appreciation to the quality of your product or way you manage your companies per say.

Mr. Walsh: If it is not too much trouble I will absolutely take you up on your offer and thank you very much. I have already drawn a check for deposit and will be sending that off to "Sandy" on Monday. I will contact you via PM about how to proceed. I cannot thank you enough.

244: I understand you are managing 100's of employees and that you DO have an amazing manufacturing process with attention to detail that is not surpassed by any press company I have researched. Your company builds the worlds fastest  presses, so you are doing something VERY right. My suggestion for online sales is not based on patience or wanting to cut out your distributors. Everyone of your distributors can benefit from optimizing the user interface on their sites. If they refuse tio do that then I only suggested that you may want to do it yourself if only for the small presses. My suggestion does not come from me as a consumer, but me as a online retailer too. Besides my sign company I also operate an online store that has already surpassed $200,000.00 in sales this year. My customers ( and I am sure most) do not want to jump hurdles when making purchases. In fact if it becomes too complicated most will go elsewhere. It is just the nature of the beast. Not my preference. So if you want to make a lot of sales of these presses to offset the small margin, make it as easy as possible to buy. That's all I am saying.

To mooseman: I agree with you. BUT I also have my margins and costs completely in the foreground of all my relationships with my customers. My attitude is to make as much profit as I can on each customer I can and to treat each customer with honesty and respect. Of course there are exceptions. The bottom line is I am in this to make money. Hopefully friends too. My business is successful today because I watch every penny I can and make the best product I can. If spending gets out of control then the business makes no money and dies. So I am careful always because I am still pretty small.

I do not understand how people can say "you have to spend money to make money". That's a vague statement if there ever was one and pretty much useless.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:10:12 PM by Appstro »

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2015, 05:33:54 PM »
Thank you gentlemen for your replies and your time. I can seriously appreciate you taking time out of your hectic days, on a weekend no less, to respond here. I certainly did not expect the presidents of companies to be here! That is awesome.
I hope that you understand that I am not trying to cheat the system or be a cheap skate. I operate a 1 (one) man sign business in north county San Diego. I offer screen printing to many of my customers because it's a great add on to any sign job. I have been searching for an excellent screen press that I can afford for some time. Over a year now, I have been researching, and only recently became aware of the Kruzer. My comments about the effort required to buy one, are not out of ignorance or lack of appreciation to the quality of your product or way you manage your companies per say.

Mr. Walsh: If it is not too much trouble I will absolutely take you up on your offer and thank you very much. I have already drawn a check for deposit and will be sending that off to "Sandy" on Monday. I will contact you via PM about how to proceed. I cannot thank you enough.

244: I understand you are managing 100's of employees and that you DO have an amazing manufacturing process with attention to detail that is not surpassed by any press company I have researched. Your company builds the worlds fastest  presses, so you are doing something VERY right. My suggestion for online sales is not based on patience or wanting to cut out your distributors. Everyone of your distributors can benefit from optimizing the user interface on their sites. If they refuse tio do that then I only suggested that you may want to do it yourself if only for the small presses. My suggestion does not come from me as a consumer, but me as a online retailer too. Besides my sign company I also operate an online store that has already surpassed $200,000.00 in sales this year. My customers ( and I am sure most) do not want to jump hurdles when making purchases. In fact if it becomes too complicated most will go elsewhere. It is just the nature of the beast. Not my preference. So if you want to make a lot of sales of these presses to offset the small margin, make it as easy as possible to buy. That's all I am saying.

To mooseman: I agree with you. BUT I also have my margins and costs completely in the foreground of all my relationships with my customers. My attitude is to make as much profit as I can on each customer I can and to treat each customer with honesty and respect. Of course there are exceptions. The bottom line is I am in this to make money. Hopefully friends too. My business is successful today because I watch every penny I can and make the best product I can. If spending gets out of control then the business makes no money and dies. So I am careful always because I am still pretty small.

I do not understand how people can say "you have to spend money to make money". That's a vague statement if there ever was one and pretty much useless.
I just checked and there is a Kruzer in our Oceanside advertising department you can pick up Monday morning. We shipped it there for the assembly video. If you are interested let Peter Walsh know and he can issue us a p.o. For your pickup.
Rich Hoffman

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2015, 06:20:40 PM »
The magic of 244 is unreal in this industry!  That's why he will never be beat!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Appstro

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »
YES!!!!! You ROCK!!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2015, 09:10:45 PM »
YES!!!!! You ROCK!!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Appstro:  I also want to thank you for placing your trust in Nazdar SourceOne with this important capital equipment purchase for your business, and also for your candid comments regarding some of the hoops that you had to jump through with this transaction.  One of our Senior Operations Managers who is a TSB Lurker saw my post about Cross Docking a KRUZER press at our Chicago facility and asked me why we weren't already doing it?   

I have to admit that I didn't have a good answer for him, so I asked him to get something set-up.  If everything works out, we'll start purchasing 10 - 15 KRUZER's from M&R at a time, that we'll stock in Chicago for transfer to our Regional locations.  I cant promise that we'll always be able to get it to our customers freight free, but I'm confindent that we can lower the freight cost, speed up delivery, and streamline the whole purchasing process. 

Thanks for bringing this issue to the top of the pile, and for helping us look at ways we can provide better service to Nazdar SourceOne Customers.     
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2015, 09:17:56 PM »
 I just checked and there is a Kruzer in our Oceanside advertising department you can pick up Monday morning. We shipped it there for the assembly video. If you are interested let Peter Walsh know and he can issue us a p.o. For your pickup.
[/quote]

Jeez Louise Rich; I guess that it's true what they say about you having a secret stash of equipment hidden all around the country :)

Thanks for your support!
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Action1

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2015, 05:36:01 AM »

Jeez Louise Rich; I guess that it's true what they say about you having a secret stash of equipment hidden all around the country :)

Thanks for your support!
[/quote]

We gotta get a like button here.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2015, 07:25:15 AM »
Rich is probably more key to this industry than ANYONE else. Another great job Rich!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2015, 08:17:50 AM »
I totally dig the fact that all these industry leaders who OWN companies are checking out message boards on the weekends to see how they can help customers...

Between Rich, Peter, and even Winton, everybody is there to give advice, see if/how they can help, even in Appstro's case of a Kruzer (which to him is a big purchase, but to Rich and Peter is quite small in comparison to their larger customers)

I can attest to the fact that both Peter and Rich have always treated us as if we were a multi-million dollar shop (and while I know we'll get there some day, we're certainly not there yet).

-J

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2015, 08:37:09 AM »
Just to add another comment, earlier this year we broke a main server screw on an older Gauntlet II and were making the repair or replace decision and I asked M&R through Rich what comparable equipment would be available to ship and how soon.

Within 4 hours I had a list of larger autos that could be on my dock within 3 biz days along with install techs.  Not bad in my opinion,

Ultimately we repaired the servo screw but it was really nice to know how fast M&R could steal, re-route, redirect, make appear by magic the equipment we needed to stay in business.

I am prejudiced toward M&R for the total value package that working with M&R provides and this is just one example.

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2015, 08:37:21 AM »
Hey Rich. Can I get mine sooner?   ;)
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2015, 10:02:36 AM »
This is cool and all. But it's Monday now, is he printing on it yet?  :o

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2015, 10:32:21 AM »
This is cool and all. But it's Monday now, is he printing on it yet?  :o
Hey, this is SoCal. Ask him after lunch.
It's a 50 mile drive so he could easily be on the road four hours.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?