Author Topic: I just want to spend money  (Read 18349 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I just want to spend money
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »
Rich knows how to keep customers happy which makes him more money and keep people working ain't nothing wrong with that 8)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »
M&R=Service company that sells equipment
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member

Offline Appstro

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »
I would like to thank Peter and Rich as well as the sales lady from Nazdar Source One here in San Diego, Tina. Also thanks to Joe over at the Oceanside M&R marketing team. I had no idea that customer service could be this good. From now on I will do business with M&R for my press needs and Nazdar has won me over for their commitment as well. I cannot thank you all enough. I know I am small potatoes to most companies out there. Someday I won't be though and when I am looking to buy a large auto it WILL be an M&R.  Thank you! YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST! I am so glad that I will be picking up my press in the morning! YAY!!!! :)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »
Joe and Thad are a few unsung heroes with M&R. They do a great job with all their videos. Truly a pleasure to work with, as are all with M&R.  Have to say also, my working with NazDar has been great too.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2015, 04:50:55 PM »
M&R and Nazdar are filled with helpful people. You will enjoy both.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2015, 05:33:57 PM »
I totally dig the fact that all these industry leaders who OWN companies are checking out message boards on the weekends to see how they can help customers...

Between Rich, Peter, and even Winton, everybody is there to give advice, see if/how they can help, even in Appstro's case of a Kruzer (which to him is a big purchase, but to Rich and Peter is quite small in comparison to their larger customers)

I can attest to the fact that both Peter and Rich have always treated us as if we were a multi-million dollar shop (and while I know we'll get there some day, we're certainly not there yet).

-J

When we got our auto from m&r,  we had it maybe a week or 2,  there were a couple things that i had a question about. I posted the questions on m&r forum on a monday that was labor day and Rich gave me a ring personally to give me a couple suggestions. It was nothing major and prob could have waited until tuesday. But he gave me a ring on a holiday, .. so i do not think you will get that anywhere else...or from anyone else...

Offline Appstro

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2015, 10:58:29 AM »
Well it's been over a week. i have already run two jobs on the press! Man what a difference compared to the ol' silverpress I was using! Thanks again!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »
No offense and certainly no knock on the Kruzer, but a $500 used press, even a 30-year-old press from a major manufacturer, would've been better than the Silver Press. In fact, over the years, most of us have recommended newbies buy good used stuff rather than new crap. At any rate, welcome to the industry now with an industrial quality machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2015, 12:38:25 PM »
I made decent money with my 6 color silver press with micros.  I certainly thought it was a good deal for $1400.  I much prefer my Kruzer for tons of reasons, but my silver press did a "good enough" job for a few years and the guy I sold it to is printing with it still and making money too. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2015, 01:04:52 PM »
I made decent money with my 6 color silver press with micros.  I certainly thought it was a good deal for $1400.  I much prefer my Kruzer for tons of reasons, but my silver press did a "good enough" job for a few years and the guy I sold it to is printing with it still and making money too.

All I'm sayin', is that both of you could have spent your $1400 wiser, and skipped the hobby, or even "entry" levels from the get-go. You both came around though. ;D

Hey, $14,000 buys a helluva a lot more used car than if spent on a new one as well (though granted way more possible eventual repair costs than a solid used manual)  :(

And heck, folks make money with hand held, hand stretched, hand made wooden frames. One does what one can with the resources at their disposal.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 01:07:03 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Appstro

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »
Well I picked up my 6/2 silverpress used on Christmas Eve from some desperate soul for $1000.00 - This price included the press, 10 squeegee's, various inks, emulsion scoop, chemestry, various scrubs, brushes, 10 screens, the exposure unit and the DVD... 8). It did work well during the first 2 years. It paid for itself the very first job I did. Man did I mess that one up!!!

Now 2 years later I see the difference between a hobby press and the Kruzer is....WOW! All my struggles with the silverpress were related to it's basic construction. The Kruzer is a STEAL for the money I think. Yes I could have gone the used route, but I got a sweat deal on the Kruzer brand new. I saved $600.00 on assembly, $350.00 freight, $160.00 crate... That's a $1000.00 easily. All I had to do was drive to Oceanside and pick it up. :) SWEET!!!! Thank you M&R and NAZDAR - LOYAL CUSTOMER TO THE END!!!!!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2015, 01:18:50 PM »
I agree, though when I bought my silver press I had been looking at all texas' craigslists every day for months for a six color with micros that worked with minimal "fixing" (holy hell I looked at a lot of seriously broken presses during that time...) for under $1500 with no luck, and I landed a client that NEEDED 6 colors and needed them asap, and that job paid for the silver press.  If I had been more patient, sure something would have come along eventually, and I probably could have outsourced the printing and waiting, but I was ready to bring it in house and stop waiting.

I think the Kruzer is pretty much the best deal out there.  I think the Vastex 2000 has better heads, and the airlocks on sidewinders and chameleons would be nice, but I like it better than the workhorse mach I looked at and it is thousands less than those options.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2015, 02:03:27 PM »
we started with a silver press, upgraded to a Workhorse Odyssey and then upgraded to a Kruzer...

I can say that while the Kruzer is no Sidewinder or Chameleon, it is one awesome press, we spin it nearly every day for the odd 1 color job while the auto is running, and it works great every time... the micros are awesome especially with the zero-backlash setup, and I love the ease of adjusting the off-contact with no tools.

a lot of the multi-color jobs on it actually setup with no micros needed due to the trilock setup too.

Another very nice feature, that's often overlooked is the interchangability of platens when you get an auto... since we already had a few specialty platen sets for the Kruzer, when we got the sportsman, we only had to buy the difference and not a complete set... while you may think that saving 4 platens is not a huge deal on the cost of an auto, it does add up fast, and I'll bet we saved at LEAST a grand when we purchased the auto in not having to buy them.