Author Topic: THE EPSON T3270 THREAD  (Read 17161 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
THE EPSON T3270 THREAD
« on: November 04, 2015, 04:20:05 PM »
Starting a thread for T3270 or T series users.  Ours lands next week.

I'll start with a question for users- how does the Epson XD PK ink do for film positives?  We like Chromaline's ink but if the Epson is ok could stick with it as well.

Offline UnderPressureSP

Re: THE EPSON T3270 THREAD
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:11:41 PM »
I never tested out there ink but friend and the flatstock industry just use the epson ink.  We went with chromaline since we burn really long screens due to low mesh counts and high production runs.  I would test the printer ink that the printer comes with but I remember the epson guy tell me it was just enough to load the printer for the 1st print.  So I just plug in chormaline ink instead and am saving it for a rainy day if I run out of ink or a cart malfunctions.   

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 10:35:09 PM »
I just bought one from filmsdirectonline.com - Bryan with 700ml 2 black 3 cleaning with filmmaker XL since I owned a previous version and love the darkness of the films better than my 4800. I have had it 1 week so far. Printed films today for the first time no problems and quicker than the 4800.
So far Love it.

Shane

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 03:10:59 PM »
A little more info I dug up yesterday:

You can run dye black for film in either the PK or MK slot and then, using the media settings in the driver, print with the other 4 carts for making signage etc.  A RIP that is setup for color printing as well as film would probably be even more useful but according to Epson directly the media settings control which slots get used.

The T series allows you to command it to clean individual colors, i.e., just the Y channel.  This is interesting and important because it make running another ink type much more feasible.  We always loaded cleaning solution and a cart of dye black for film to avoid clogged heads and the gratuitous ink waste that happens during a cleaning but if you can clean just one part of the head this is less necessary.

Anyone know where to get just the cart chips for the T series?  I need some in case we have to run Accuink cart in another head.  I've found sets of refillable carts but not the chips alone.

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 12:57:26 AM »
We haven't had the need for this but this is what i found a while back.  http://www.inkpro2day.com/chip-resetter-epson-surecolor-t-series-ink-cartridges/

Accuink cart should be specif  to the color you need so no chip re-setter needed unless your running carts.  We found that we only need one  black cart for printing from the rip to get awesome films. 

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
Not sure if these are compatible with your specific model but I would give Ross a call because he has always been quite helpful.

https://store.inkjetcarts.us/t3000-c1546.aspx

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 02:20:37 PM »
I almost bought that set from the inkpro2day site but noticed really bad comments all over the place about the company accepting pmt and not shipping so didn't want to bother.  I found a set on aliexpress along with a spare maint tank.  I like to have a spare tank to swap out so printing isn't interrupted while we clean the absorbent pads inside. 

Yes, I agree on one black, more just generates lower quality output and no need to reset an accuink chip, you want it to tell you when it's running low.  But, if your PK head has issues, most rips will let you put the black cart in another head to keep printing.  That's why I grabbed the refill cart set, so I can pop the PK chip out of the accuink and pop in whatever channel is needed.  We're kinda out in the sticks so I like to have a good backup sop for when things inevitably break down.

Thanks 123, on the subject, anyone know if the carts/chips are compatible across the T series?   I see the chip resetters sold for the T series are super expensive and different, wondering if the old 80 series resetters would work on these for the maint tank, etc.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »
One question I couldn't get a solid answer on is initial setup if using a dye ink in the PK slot.  Is it OK to setup with the dye ink and run a head alignment or will the dye ink throw it off?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »
Not sure if these are compatible with your specific model but I would give Ross a call because he has always been quite helpful.

https://store.inkjetcarts.us/t3000-c1546.aspx

I actually did call Ross and the T3000 carts are the same on the T3270, etc.  Ordered my refillables for cleaning solution from him as the alixepress ones were taking too long to ship.  Thanks again for the reference. 

Another tidbit on these printers, the maint tank chip needs it's own resetter, not the same as the ink carts.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 02:23:55 PM »
What's up with the print speed on these? I read the specs but you know how those go. Are they as fast as they
say they are?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 12:03:18 AM »
Personally I think with 2 blacks with filmmaker xl 50% quicker than 4800 with one black.
Shane

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 04:01:36 PM »
Anyone know where to find chips for this printer stateside?  The carts I ordered came with chips that won't read on three of the carts and I haven't got a response yet on replacements.  Really want to get this printer operating so looking to just source the chips and get on with it.

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 08:22:59 PM »
Check ebay if you need something fast. 

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »
No ink cart chips on ebay yet from what I could find. 

Ross at inkjetcarts.us came through and got some in the mail to us to arrive Wed.

I also bought a set of backup chips off Aliexpress as backup. 

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 02:08:54 PM »
How is everyone doing head alignments on this?  Output was great at first and is now getting some artifacts, looks like it could be alignment but I'm not sure how to go about this with Accuink in the PK and cleaning solution in the rest.