Author Topic: THE EPSON T3270 THREAD  (Read 17129 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Re: THE EPSON T3270 THREAD
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »
Just wondering if you have a report on how the T3270 is fairing for film output.  Our 4880 is still going strong but I want to have a game plan for when it decides to stop working since DTS is not really an option for us...unless prices come down drastically.

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 11:34:48 AM »
Its great.   It was a big upgrade compared to our 1430 which runs all black and is a lot faster.   Its a good choice. 

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 11:45:36 AM »
I have one running 2 black rest cleaning carts so 3 700ml is what I picked.  With cadlink and quick and produces nice prints. Very Happy. Carts and print I got from Filmdirect online, I emailed them and Brian and I word out a deal. I think until I need DTS this is the answer for now. My last printer lasted 10 years a 4800.

My thoughts.
Shane

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 11:50:53 AM »
Happy here.  Resolution is on par with the 4800s it replaced. Much faster printer and cutting is scary fast v the overly dramatic 4800 cutter.  Driver runs well with osx Yosemite and the control panel has most all of what you need which,  in my opinion,  sets this printer up for the long haul.

The only wrinkle I can't smooth out is the feed keeps moving around on me.  I did the printer feed adjustment and also the rip but I'm seeing films off and on by a hair,   doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 02:00:42 PM »
So I've hit wall with a T3270 + Accurip Black Pearl issue. 

I'm getting films that are long or short without any pattern.  Two films in a set will be correct, one is stretched lengthwise, etc.  Major headache.

On the T3270 itself I did the paper feed adjust, detect paper thickness.   In Accurip I did the feed length adjust calibration to enhanced matte paper. 

Fixxons film.
Platen Gap: Narrow.
Roll Paper Tension: Normal
Paper Suction: 0

Going to start fiddling with the roll paper tension and also turning off "remove skew", whatever that is.  Any advice appreciated.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 02:03:36 PM »

I'm getting films that are long or short without any pattern.  Two films in a set will be correct, one is stretched lengthwise, etc.  Major headache.

On the T3270 itself I did the paper feed adjust, detect paper thickness.   In Accurip I did the feed length adjust calibration to enhanced matte paper. 

Fixxons film.

Going to start fiddling with the roll paper tension and also turning off "remove skew", whatever that is.  Any advice appreciated.

try the film maker. If the problem persists, the issue is in the hardware. Otherwise it's the RIP. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 02:05:14 PM »
What Pierre said.

I honestly am not sold on a software fix for a physical problem. We pre-un-roll our rolls and always have a few feet hanging.
Never an issue.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
FM is no go for us sadly.  After much troubleshooting, it seems the print from Mac to Windows was causing problems that aren't fixable.  I heard that FM often can't be used with the mac workflow and that most go to Wasatch.   Really tried hard with it, over many hours of setup though and it's absolutely superior to AR.

Unless the RIP is somehow adjusting the feed at random, I'm thining it must be the media and the way it is fed so I'm looking at those settings.

The T3270 doesn't really have anywhere I could un roll to/leave film hanging.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »

Good to know.

I know you'll hate it, but can you setup FM on a Windows print server and print to it from your Macs?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 02:17:59 PM »

Fixxons film.

In the rip don't turn a different angles, so do print one film horizontal and the other at 90 degrees. they do shift. I use filmmaker and have had this if I do.
With T3270
Shane

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 02:19:36 PM »

Good to know.

I know you'll hate it, but can you setup FM on a Windows print server and print to it from your Macs?

I did that.  It was actually a very nice workflow cadlink had for this, but something gets buggy printing to the FM rip station from mac, I guess that's not uncommon.  I can deal with a windows print server but I can't deal with actually reopening files in .ai on windows just to print, would kill too much time to justify it.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2015, 02:20:36 PM »

Fixxons film.

In the rip don't turn a different angles, so do print one film horizontal and the other at 90 degrees. they do shift. I use filmmaker and have had this if I do.
With T3270
Shane

All our films print out the same way, no rotation or nesting although I do use the Nup abilities of AR, it's all in the same direction of output.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2015, 02:22:47 PM »

Good to know.

I did that.  It was actually a very nice workflow cadlink had for this, but something gets buggy printing to the FM rip station from mac, I guess that's not uncommon.  I can deal with a windows print server but I can't deal with actually reopening files in .ai on windows just to print, would kill too much time to justify it.

Yeah, no way in heck I would be doing that. Even to setup our workstation to print to the server in FM required
some hocus pocus, but it works consistently.

I think there's a hot folder option.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 02:35:48 PM »
yeah I tried it all, hot folder a no go since the .ps files had other bugs.  If anything will drive me to CTS it might be this incessant fiddling with film printers and rips.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 03:03:12 PM »
yeah I tried it all, hot folder a no go since the .ps files had other bugs.  If anything will drive me to CTS it might be this incessant fiddling with film printers and rips.

Wasatch offers a 30 day money back guarantee, it might be worth a shot . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!