Author Topic: THE EPSON T3270 THREAD  (Read 17131 times)

Offline JasonMoore

• Verified/Junior
Re: THE EPSON T3270 THREAD
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2018, 11:31:42 AM »
Hi Everyone,

We have a T3270 Epson Screenprinter edition and I have a question....

We only ever use the PhotoBlack cartridge to print our vellums and never use the CMY or MatteBlack cartridge.

Is there a way to override the other ink cartridges so that the machine only uses the PhotoBlack?
Thanks!
Jason Moore Ink Machine Productions   Custom Hand Drawn and Vector Artwork since 1995 http://www.inkmachine.com http://www.facebook.com/inkmachine

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2018, 11:36:24 AM »
Hi Everyone,

We have a T3270 Epson Screenprinter edition and I have a question....

We only ever use the PhotoBlack cartridge to print our vellums and never use the CMY or MatteBlack cartridge.

Is there a way to override the other ink cartridges so that the machine only uses the PhotoBlack?
if you do it will burn head up. use cleaning carts or ink to keep it from burning up.
Shane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2018, 12:27:45 PM »
when you are printing films, it doesn't use the other carts, just the photo black. However, when it "cleans" itself, it uses the others, it kind of has to. You can get other carts and fill them with cleaning fluid so it still does the job, but you aren't wasting expensive ink.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2018, 12:46:33 PM »
You can get refillable carts with resettable chips and fill the ones you aren't running with cleaning solution.   There are also resettable chips for the maint tank.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2018, 11:53:37 PM »
Anyone else using this for dye sub.  Ours has been a pain in the ass with the dye sub ink...wondering what we are doing wrong or if we have a lemon etc.  Need the wide format, but would love a better dye sub option if there is one...

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2018, 10:22:34 AM »
Not sure what dye sub is.
We use ours successfully for film and sublimation.
We have bulk cartridges that do not need resetting.
If I was only printing black I'd have two with black and 3 with cleaning liquid, in my 4880 I put in 30% window cleaner and 70% distilled water.
Some window cleaners are better than others, I'd cannot get the good ones so I use whatever is available.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2018, 11:16:39 AM »
Not sure what dye sub is.
We use ours successfully for film and sublimation.

dye sub = sublimation
Dye sublimation is often shortened to one of these terms
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2018, 12:44:47 PM »
The F6200 would be the better option.  Looks like a T series through and through but they limit the resolution(droplet size) to prevent clogs, etc.  Our runs mostly fine and is user friendly.  I'm not a fan of the Wasatch rip that comes with, great image configurations but annoying workflow and absurdly high cost support plan.

You could try better inks, epson's inks maybe and limiting your resolution to 720x720 or 720x1440. 

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2018, 10:11:57 PM »
I think we already use the Epson inks. Repairs have all been in warranty so far I believe. Not sure about the resolution, but I'll look into it.