Author Topic: THE EPSON T3270 THREAD  (Read 17155 times)

Offline SteveS

Re: THE EPSON T3270 THREAD
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »
Thanks to both of you.  At this point I need to trial different rips- RTI resells a version of Harlequin and then the FilmMaker -and see if there is a difference, i.e., can the key line be removed?

Steve, I've done an incredibly thorough side by side with Charlie with AR when our first unit had this exact problem and we tried everything, down to loading identical film, and could not get one machine to repeat what ours was doing.

What film are all loading into these printers?  Fixxons here.  Trials of everything else exhibited the same issue in the past but just curious.

We are currently in trials with Accujet 17x100 from Chromaline. So far, we like it.

One point to note with our printer that seems weird but isn't causing an issue is that the head cables kind of tap the beam when the head is traversing back and forth. Only when the head travels so far away will it make the bump or tap noice. When the head only travels half way across the film, it doesn't come in contact with anything and there is no noise. This has not caused any issues but I wonder why Epson doesn't support those ink line better since they are always moving.

I would post a video if I knew how here.

Here is a photo of our paper settings on the printer.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgh6fuclrg97hcq/File%20Feb%2005%2C%2012%2017%2025%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Offline SteveS

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2018, 06:48:47 PM »
So we're now seeing the registration issues now with the T3270. Adding the thin line to one side of the art board alleviates the issue but seems uncalled for in the normal course of business. This has to be related to the paper type/thickness and how the feed driver advances the paper between objects that print/don't print.

Has anyone received a good response from Epson or anyone else about a possible permanent fix for this. I would think a firmware update would do the trick.

I've reached out to ZooCity because he seems to be actively pursuing this issue so I will see what he says too.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2018, 08:04:17 PM »
Is anyone reading here besides Steve and myself experiencing the same issue?  i.e., print cannot print same length films in normal printing, without imaging a thin line down the side.

If so please email me.  I'm going to see if having a set of users might be enough to push epson to fix this, which I'm pretty sure they can with a firmware revision.   Wishful thinking most likely but worth a shot. 

You can hit the email button here.

Thanks!

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2018, 09:00:18 PM »
Give the cadlink XL a try print all multi color same way usually vertical. I am running plain paper. Firmware DN016F5 . Running serial #U84E000844

Try plain paper see if that helps. Send me a 2 color file i will print it and see if it goes weird. I am running denco film like it so far 59.00 17x100.
Shane

Offline SteveS

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2018, 09:35:40 PM »
I think we've narrowed the issue down to the printer and those of using Accurip probably don't want to move to another RIP. We want what we have to work and Epson needs to be called out to engineer the firmware to fix it.

With enough users voicing their complaints, Epson will fix the issue or face a class action against them. They sold a bill of goods and with Charlie at Accurip knowing there is an issue, they are bound to jump on this and fix it.

As mentioned earlier, they just simply need to add a media type that advances the un-printed areas of film like it is being printed. If you notice, those areas are quickly advanced through so that the printer reaches the next printable area in the image. I know it will slow the output a bit but that is a better option and one I think we all could live with knowing the plates will now line up properly.

Is there any chance Charlie Facini monitors this thread and can weigh in?

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2018, 06:28:06 AM »
For those having reg problems and films being different lengths, are you use a 2" core or 3" core"? We had tons of issues with our 48xx and tried everything (there is an old thread around here some where). We changed to a 3" core and that solved our issues. Worth a try.

On a side note... some one I know just purchase one of these. Do the make refillable carts for these yet? I saw some but they said "one time use" and it didn't look like the chips could be reset.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2018, 03:59:32 PM »
3" core helps but does not solve.   *all film should really be on a 3" core imo

Our current T3270 is 100% OEM, epson film, epson ink, accurip and the issue is still there. 

If another rip works that would be telling but inconsequential since the printer doesn't ship with another rip, it ships with accurip.   And yes, the issue probably goes away or diminishes significantly on reflective media.  Clear media is always going to be trickier I imagine.

As shipped, these printers cannot line up films for screen printing positives.   

Options are to have Epson take them back or try to get a resolve.  I'm going for the latter because there's no other film printer that fills our needs on the market right now.

Yes, a couple places have the refill carts and resettable chips and waste tanks.  I think I bought ours from inkjetcarts.us but can't exactly recall.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2018, 07:59:50 AM »
We have struggled with the same issue on our Epson 7900. Films misalign in the feed direction (Fixxons). I was able to adjust it via the film feed adjustment in accrip, but at the beginning and end of the roll we would still have misaligned films wiith the film feed adjustment maxed out in AR. It ended up being such a hassle to deal with so I put our older 7600 back into service. I haven't used the T3270, but it sounds like this could be an issue across several of the newer printers.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2018, 05:15:02 PM »
Anyone using T-Rip on this printer?
Tees and Coffee

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »
i am using the real version of cadlink xl. no problem. has to be so version.
Shane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2018, 10:59:04 PM »
XL version i meant to say.
Shane

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2018, 04:10:57 PM »
So the Cadlink RIP is providing films at same length?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »
So the Cadlink RIP is providing films at same length?
As long as printed the same way. i use paper setting also. every so often i do get an oddball, but for me. not that often.
Shane

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2018, 12:07:59 AM »
zoo send me a file to print. 2 maybe 3 color. i will print for you just provide ups # or label and I will ship to you.
i use 17" film from denco called midnight. i am paying 58.75 per 17x100 roll.
or call me 9 7 0 2 5 5 1 9 9 8 8am - 5pm mst as i am in western Colorado.

Shane

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2018, 12:56:54 PM »
Emailed you Shane, thank you!