Author Topic: Question for S Roque users re: pre-reg system  (Read 4983 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Question for S Roque users re: pre-reg system
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 12:05:17 PM »
I am not sold on using pins yet so for me there's two systems for the roq to look at.

1. For guys using film here's what I would do

Have a PRU film positioning unit built by roq to match their special reg pallet (tri lock pallet will not work for multiple reasons). Combine the roq special reg pallet with the PRU unit - the pru unit must be built to have the same 3 point registration as the pallet has

2. For guys using dts all you need is the special reg pallet and make certain the 3 points on dts are EXACTLY the same as the 3 points on the special reg pallet

The key to roq system for me has been how solid the special reg pallet locks into the pallet arm. Theres absolutely no movement, deflection, or possibility that the pallet isn't locked in straight. We have nearly perfect results on all jobs every day, usually the only time we have to micro is when my guys are just in a hurry not checking their steps but I will say I dont remember the last job I personally setup that I had to micro. I'm hoping to get my hands on a pru so I can start doing some testing with film to confirm my thoughts but if you pair the pru with the special reg pallet you should be getting results fairly close to dts and special reg pallet. Again, I'm not sold on pins due to the fact that you must re zero print heads before you lock anything into the press which to me takes longer then putting the pallet on and off.

Hope this helps you guys
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 12:13:28 PM »
If done correctly (human factors) the U clamp should be more consistent and also accurate due to the difficulty of some machines having problems reaching a true micro zero.  With the micro systems on the Sroque and MHM finding zero is MUCH easier versus other machines but it still has room for error that you really don't have by butting a screen up to stop blocks.

Find zero or load and spin a reg pallet.

The MHM 4000's have the option of electronic reg with a zero setting. The Roq Eco's coming from the factory will now have electronic
reg as well. That said I like the pallet option. (probably because I haven't used it yet)

The clear winner in film placement is the FPU/PRU style. Carrier sheets are just another place to introduce error as far
as I can tell. And a consumable cost that really isn't necessary.

Danny beat me to it, but Shanarchy, get the PRU.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 01:40:52 PM »
Well if you can just hit a button and electronically zero out all the micros, I'd say that makes pin reg much more viable and maybe superior.  I also like the way pins hold a frame v. clamping. 

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 05:10:12 PM »
This**** The Roq Eco's coming from the factory will now have electronic
reg as well.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 06:21:19 PM »
Holy crap, so they're basically like auto reg MHM 4000s now?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 06:27:45 PM »
I've only seen pictures but from what I can tell, yes. Know for sure late February.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »
I can't speak up yet but I will say there's a whole slew of new really amazing "digital/control panel/micro reg" type things that we've been working on that will be available here soon. Some very very exciting things that Roq will be offering here once it's all fully tested

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Online TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 07:22:48 PM »
Yes they are going all digital on the ECO and ovals, digital readout for reg and squeegee/flood. So you manually have to micro it, but it will have readout like X - 0.01 Y-0.04 so micro them till they hit 0.00. Keeps the price down without motors then. There has been a modified ECO up in Canada that is basically a 4000AC for a few years from my understanding. I have not actually seen it though.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 08:13:23 PM »
Just threw on the reg-pallet on the order for our You XL coming in, so i'll be testing this out as well!

Offline nvenda

• Verified/Junior
  • ROQing the screen printing world since 1983
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 10:52:44 AM »
Yes they are going all digital on the ECO and ovals, digital readout for reg and squeegee/flood. So you manually have to micro it, but it will have readout like X - 0.01 Y-0.04 so micro them till they hit 0.00. Keeps the price down without motors then. There has been a modified ECO up in Canada that is basically a 4000AC for a few years from my understanding. I have not actually seen it though.

Well I have seen them leaving the factory :) . The system is available for ROQprint ECO and ROQprint Oval Evolution.
This system is an optional.

Hope it helps :)
Marketing Manager at ROQ

http://roqinternational.com

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 12:14:01 PM »
I'll have to start saving my pennies now to upgrade to one of those ECO's one day!

Offline nvenda

• Verified/Junior
  • ROQing the screen printing world since 1983
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 09:06:45 AM »
I'll have to start saving my pennies now to upgrade to one of those ECO's one day!

:)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:33:20 AM by nvenda »
Marketing Manager at ROQ

http://roqinternational.com

Offline shirtshack

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 06:44:54 PM »
We use the MHM fpu for our two s types. Basically the
exact same as Roq's pin system. Was planning on having our Roq
made with MHM compatible holders, and continue to use the MHM system
for all machines, but then found that the MHM pinned frames will work in
the Roq PRU, reg pallet and u-clamps. So that's what we'll be using in a few months.
Best of the mhm and mnr styles, like screen printers have been discusing and cobbling
together for the past few years.

Got my first auto 18months ago, mhm x type plus with PRU, I very rarely have to micro it works so well. Thinking about adding a second auto I always liked the sroque but on the little experience I had the Mhm just seemed to have the better PRU and pin system. i was curious as to why you went sroque if you already had MHM's.