Author Topic: Workhorse Offers Compact Gas Conveyor Dryer  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Deborah Sexton

• Gonzo Member
Workhorse Offers Compact Gas Conveyor Dryer
« on: November 24, 2015, 09:35:56 PM »
Workhorse Products offers the MD8, a gas conveyor dryer manufactured by Interchange Equipment. This compact, yet powerful dryer is designed to cure a wide range of printed substrates. It offers the advanced features of larger dryers in a smaller footprint and at a competitive price.

The patented Air Deflector recycling system, which recirculates air through the heat chamber, has high-velocity jet nozzles for optimum air distribution. This feature is typically found only on larger, more expensive dryers.

The standard oven size is eight feet, and it is powered by a 250,000 BTU stainless steel burner. The filter drawer slides in and out, and it has a side-access cleanout making it easy to clean. An enlarged heat plenum maximizes the air velocity.

It has easy access controls, a high temp self-tracking belt and is ETL and CE approved.

Workhorse Products has distributors throughout the United States, Canada, Turkey, England, Belgium, Peru, Panama, Venezuela, Columbia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and China. For more information or the distributor nearest you, visit the Web site at www.workhorseproducts.com; e-mail to sales@workhorseproducts.com, or call (800) 778-8779 Option #1 sales, option #2 service; (602) 437-2305.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Workhorse Offers Compact Gas Conveyor Dryer
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:36:35 AM »
This looks nice. I guess I will have to take a 15 min drive over to workhorse to take a look at it soon. I don't have gas in my shop but I have plans to possibly make a move.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:45:45 AM by Screened Gear »

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »
You will be well pleased!
Ours has been running without hitch for 5+ years now.
Great Service from the guys at Interchange out east too.
Glad to see the hook up with Workhorse.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 12:59:51 PM »
Are larger versions available?  Is it extendable?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 02:21:15 PM »
Interchange Air Jet

Offline Baron265

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 02:29:24 PM »
This looks nice. I guess I will have to take a 15 min drive over to workhorse to take a look at it soon. I don't have gas in my shop but I have plans to possibly make a move.

The MD8 will operate with gas or propane without any reconfiguration. There are many MD8 Gas Dryer users in the Phoenix Valley that use propane. The best thing is that you won't have to have the dryer reconfigured when you move to a place that has natural gas.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:01:31 PM by Baron265 »
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684
pschmidt@workhorseproducts.com

Offline Baron265

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
Are larger versions available?  Is it extendable?

The MD8 is Available from stock in 48" and 60" belt widths. The standard layout is 4' infeed, 4' outfeed and 8' of heat. The design is modular and can be added to at the time of order or as an after purchase upgrade. Additions are available in 4' increments. Add 4' sections of infeed, outfeed and heat at anytime. For instance, you can have a 60" belt with a 12' infeed, 12' of heat and an 8' outfeed. Any upgrades after the purchase can be easily made by the end user. A tech is not required to add sections. The MD8 is reliable and expandable.
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »
@Baron265

How big a propane cylinder is needed to run this off of. I have a workhorse 5217 dryer now. So this is almost exactly the same footprint.

Offline Baron265

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 04:29:26 PM »
@Baron265

How big a propane cylinder is needed to run this off of. I have a workhorse 5217 dryer now. So this is almost exactly the same footprint.

A local propane company helps us spec the propane system. You need enough to last until it's worth their time to add more. There's an MD8 running on propane about a mile from the factory. When you come in, when schedule a site visit to look at the whole rig.
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »
@Baron265

For Propane:
On the 48" you will use about  1gal plus or minus per hour.
On the 60" you will use about 1.25 gal plus or minus per hour.
How Many hours you would like to use before refills on the tank, and available tank space on your premise!
Happy Printing
winston

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 06:27:32 PM »
Thanks for the info. I have some thinking to do. I guess the price of the unit maters a ton too. I will figure out a day I can take a look at it.