Author Topic: Wilcom for dumba$$es!  (Read 2327 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Wilcom for dumba$$es!
« on: December 07, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
I'm that guy!  How do I start?  I open up the program and I am lost.  All tutorials are for advanced levels.  I need one that starts with...ok, turn on the program...and so on.  I know I get free training at their facility but its far away and not right now.  Any help appreciated!  Thanks.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: Wilcom for dumba$$es!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »
Youtube homie. search, wilcom for beginners, all sorts of shite pops up and you can basically see what they are doing in each one to peice together what you need to start until you have time to take the actual class. We did the 4 days of Pulse classes from Hirsch when we got our Tajima and pulse. It reaaaaally made a huge different taking the class.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 06:37:37 PM »
those youtube videos are more advanced, but I just got some videos sent to me from Wilcom.  Gonna try these.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 10:23:26 PM »
those youtube videos are more advanced, but I just got some videos sent to me from Wilcom.  Gonna try these.

The vids are a little helpful. The best way is to outsource it to another person that is using Wilcom and sends you the emb file. Then you can dissect it and see what they did to get to that point. Wilcom is not going to tell you which way your fabric is going to push or pull or even what densities to run. A lot of it is a trial and error type thing. There are so many variables that you can change it will make your head spin. Start with some basic stuff like text. Play with the density and sew it out. Try objects like circles and squares and see how they sew. Kind of like color sepping. You have to see it to know what its going to do.

What version of Wilcom do you have? I can walk you through some basics on the older ones. I do not have the newest version yet.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Legy

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 05:20:36 PM »
Hi, I'm new to the board (any actually!)  I have embroidered for almost 20 years now and have just purchased new Tajima machines after having Melco machines and software. I now have Wilcom. I'm excited!!!

However......my problem now is that I cannot open my old Melco .ofm files in wilcom. Is there a converter out there? When I googled this, I found you guys and the previous thread about a year ago about this same problem. My son is very computer savvy, so he could load and work with whatever we find.  We did try the Wilcom Truesizer, but it wouldn't work for that.  All I need really is something I can recall them up in if only to view them!  Using them would be very nice, but I'll settle for viewing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 06:14:31 PM »
Either save them as cnd file then import, usually truesizer will open ofm.
Shane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline Audifox

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 11:27:10 AM »
If truesizer won't open .ofm files, get Melco Sizer. It will open the files. 

Offline Legy

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »
thank you very much, I will try those!